Insane Email From My JW Mother

by daniel-p 76 Replies latest jw friends

• IronHill
    IronHill

daniel-p

Im sorry you are going through this right now. Although it does seem like a genuine concern on her part, it almost feels like she's using emotion and past experience to manipulate you. It's so sad to hear her trust in an org that really doesnt care for her.

Your responses have seemed right on, honest and respectful. Honestly, i hope she leaves you alone soon...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It seems to me that this is family stuff that has no place on an internet forum.

We cannot judge an organization by what one lady writes to her son, even though they are responsible for the beliefs that led her to write what she did.

A Typical dub mother ? I can only say that mine would not have said what she did. I think that your mother is a character of her own, and that you must deal with her as a loving, emotionally mature son.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Orbison11..That was frigg`n funny!!..LOL!!

DanielP..Your mom is nuts..My mom was nuts..Jehovah`s Witness`s in general are nuts..

Keep your distance and love your mom..

.................OUTLAW

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It seems to me that this is family stuff that has no place on an internet forum.

LOL. Half the content on JWD is "family stuff that has no place on an internet forum."

Also, does this really make sense?: "We cannot judge an organization by what one lady writes to her son, even though they are responsible for the beliefs that led her to write what she did."

• flipper
    flipper

Blues Brother stated :, " This is family stuff that has no place on an internet forum. " Come on Blues thought you were more in touch than that ! How else do you expect Daniel-P to get some positive feedback on how to deal with his cult mind controlled mother and her responses ? By being psychic and reading his mind ? That's why there is a thing called " communication ". His mom is off beat not due to just personality differences - she is trapped by fear and guilt by the Jehovah's Witnesses cult ! This is a very appropriate venue to give him proactive ideas how to cope !

DANIEL - P - My ex-wife a JW has sent guilt inspiring letters like this to my 24 year old son as well. You do see the superstition , fear, and guilt in your mom's words I assume ? She is just scared needlessly by the unfounded " fears " the cult puts into her- thus she writes her fears on paper to transmit those unfounded " fears " into you. And also try to " guilt " you while she's at it. You can just feel the fear by her saying you are like Satan, ( which my ex-wife did to my son ) , " Do not become like him ( Satan ) by allowing your heart to stay hardened my son. " In that one sentence alone - fear and guilt are BOTH used ! It sounds like your mom is almost blaming you for finding a companion and getting married ! Like it's a distraction which took you away from serving Jehovah ! Guilt, guilt, and more guilt !

I know it bothers you - but like Outlaw said , just try to understand your mom is crazy , perhaps not mentally, but has been MADE crazy by "cult mind control". She is taught to be like this - she doesn't even know it controls her. So- hang in there, consider the source of where she gets this stuff

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

True love is the best communicator. Your mom's thinking back on things, trying to put the pieces together, but how can she, unless she knows that you're daniel-p on JWN, and can read what you've written here, but you probably wouldn't use such language with your mother around

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Please, someone let me know that this is truly insane, and I'm not off my rocker for calling it so. I used to get emails like this regularly back in the day, but there was a respite for a few years. Now I see she's back to her old shenanigans. Thankfully, my wife understands.

Thats probably because you are acting like a good spiritual head there Daniel.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    from a nonJW perspective it is insane. within the JW perspective what your mother says makes perfect sense.

Yes, and no. The vast majority of witnesses would not write what DanielP's mom wrote. And yet it certainly fits within the framework of the Witness belief, perhaps even more so than the average JW's actual take on deeemonz and Satan.

And there are many other religions where such rantings might be much more common; only the name "Jehovah" would not be present.

It's so hard to know for sure: which came first, the crazy, or the crazy beliefs?

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

Daniel,

What's the point in the back and forth letters that are obviously upsetting you? You need to set boundaries with her, she may feel a certain obligation towards you meaning trying to save you. But at the end of the day it's your life and it should be made clear that you have no intention of changing your course. It comes down to respect, if she is unable to respect your life choices (as long as your not harming anyone else) then she is the one with the problem, not you. How hard can it be to say "Mom, I love you and will always love you, but honestly your wearing me out with your religious beliefs and I'm not interested in discussing this subject. If you are unable to deal with me as your son outside of the scope of your personal religious convictions then it’s your personal choice, and will have to live with your decision.”

Keep the religious discussions out of the conversations and close the discussion as soon as she brings anything related to the subject. If she needs to learn the hard way, then so be it. I understand that her religion is a big part of her life, but how hard can it be to truly love someone (her own son) without bringing up god! If she can’t, it’s because she’s needs to relearn what it is to be a human being.

This isn’t a case of agreeing to disagree, it’s called agreeing not to discuss the matter period.

• calico
    calico

"Mom, I love you and will always love you, but honestly your wearing me out with your religious beliefs and I'm not interested in discussing this subject. If you are unable to deal with me as your son outside of the scope of your personal religious convictions then it’s your personal choice, and will have to live with your decision.”

Excellent reply--I was thinking the same thing--that his mother is not showing him any respect.

Do you think she treats you like an adult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit