Insane Email From My JW Mother

by daniel-p 76 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

you are PRECIOUS to your God, Jehovah and to the F&DS

----

Wow! What a mind job. What do you say to something like that?

ootb

• Nowman
    Nowman

This letter reminded me of what it was like to be a Jehovahs Witness. Yes, it seems insane, but your mom is brainwashed and thinks she is doing right...I think you know this already...

Nikki

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

It is so hard to get letters like this. You know why you left. You had your reasons. You see the man behind the curtain. They don't. They live in anxiety and fear and wonder why they have high blood pressure!

I got a letter similar to this from a girl friends mother when I left. Your mom too stated it was her shot at snatching you from the fire. It is a conscience issue. If they haven't tried to save you, there is fear they will be blood guilty. Your mom however goes further. She does care, she just can't see clearly. That's what it really boils down to I think. They don't see what you see, and therefore, your vision must be wrong. Hang in there.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I never thought personal letters ir e-mail should be spread like this. Unless a person clearly states it is all right to copy the workds, it is something personal and should not be done.

• flipper
    flipper

DANIEL- P - All I can say is , " Wow ! . " Is your mom the same lady who gave birth to my 24 year old inactive son ? My JW ex-wife ? Because I swear I'm seeing the same superstitious lingo here she used on MY son !! I'm sorry she's trying to guilt you into coming back to the mind control cult. Your mother is definitely a devout " scared of Satan " type witness. She seems to be challenged at getting her thoughts across in a open, understandable manner which has continuity. Her claim that satan, " loves to confuse us " was hilarious to me - hell, I was confused after reading this letter !

Of course- I don't have the background information you do on the references she made to the relatives involved and the hassles with brothers and sisters in the congregations. The main thing is YOU know what she's talking about. Your mom loves you- she's just mind controlled like the rest of them ( witnesses ) . Yes- the " cult " controlled part of your mother is insane, but her " real " authentic personality is very sane , she cares. Just show her love and understanding - she doesn't understand what's happening to her. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Scully
    Scully

Exchange the word "Jehovah" with "Superman", and the words "Satan", "Devil", and "demons" with "Lex Luthor" to reinforce to you the complete fantasy world your mother's mind inhabits.

The psychiatric definition of delusion is a persistently held false belief, even in the face of undeniable evidence to the contrary.

Delusions can take various forms: delusions of grandeur, delusions of persecution, delusions of nihilism, for example. Your mother's message contains delusional statements of all these forms.

Do you remember the definition of "faith" from Hebrews 11:1? "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld." In other words, if you have FAITH, your delusional beliefs - so long as you really really really believe them - are A-ok.

• undercover
    undercover

That letter is...uh, just nuts. [insert image of Lewis Black shaking his head in exasperation]

daniel, you said

I don't know where she gets that I was once angry at Jehovah.

It doesn't matter if you ever said it, implied it, or even imagined it. To an uber-dub anyone who would leave is angry at Jehovah. It's the only explanation that works in their deluded brain.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Thank, everyone, for your replies. It's hard to interact with her on any meaningful level because this is the kind of "encouragement" I get. How do you take it seriously? How do you show understanding in the face of something like this? I wish ther was some means of connecting with her without playing into her delusion.

TheOldHippe: I understand your point... but in this case, unless someone on here knows my mother REAL well, it's anonymous. Besides, it's not like my mother has ever respected any of my privacy or wishes for confidentiality in the past.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

We can all read this and say, oh yeah, this is just what the JWs believe... but if you looks at it realistically it seems somewhat paranoid-delusional.

Does your mom have a martyr complex? This letter seems to go miles beyond the normal paranoia of typical JWs who believe they are under siege from "the demons". (I feel bad for being rough on your mom!!)

She can occasionally be surprisingly cogent. However, I think she uses this delusional martyr complex to both garner sympathy from others and to weild authority over those who may believe in the same things. She loves any matriarchal status she has in the congregation. In fact, if I think of all the congregations she's been in over the years, she's nearly always butt heads with the other "elderette" types. This person she's referring to in her email was one of those very long-standing matriarchs with the EXACT same delusions.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This letter was painful for me to read. I'm so sorry that you're going through this type of thing. I've always suspected, that as painful and ridiculous as it is, I'm probably better off that my mom completely shuns me. Very seldom am I at a loss for words, but this did it to me, at least at first. Can you ask her one question? Which is it; does Satan assault jws or people who are no longer jws? It seems to me that she believes he's busy beating up both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit