Insane Email From My JW Mother

by daniel-p 76 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

She starts out with some banal stuff about where they want to move, etc, then, she launches into this:

That brings up something I wanted to tell you in person but it seems that I am not going to be able to do that very soon. I am hoping to throw some light on what has happened within our family esp during the time we were over there.. It has become very apparent to us now that during that time period from early Spring on, in 200[X], Satan launched an ALL- OUT attack on our family, son. I won't go into every detail again but I want you to be aware of what really was happening ~ I must tell you this as I don't want you to be DUPED into blaming your brothers altho it is true that some may have unwittingly played right into his hands, not knowing ALL of the circumstances, etc. And it is true that there may be some who have gotten or WILL soon be "adjusted" by the Master..if they allow it..otherwise... Within that same small time-frame you have heard some of what happened to us by someone whom we feel has lost Jah's spirit..other facts have come to light as a result of this loss of spirit and it is clear that, yes, there are situations that ought not to exist and that will be 'cut out' (or may have been already). Also [your brother] and [his wife] were just coming out of Bethel and trying to get set up to work in the ASL field. Our circumstances played into theirs as we were being 'spun around' by the devil in his efforts to not only punish us for our work in [our old congregation] but to let us know he had gained a large foothold there where we were and he pulled out all his 'stops' to throw us out of there so he could carry on using certain people. Do you know that this 'former friend', this 'malignant informant' also implicated your brother as if he had done something wrong????!! making it sound like there was something 'wrong' when there was absolutely nothing! "twisting" everything & using 'wicked reasonings' instead of Jehovah's reasonings....this is what she does now- it seems she thinks she is "used" to uncover all of the BAD in you! that she is used by our God...what do the scriptures tell us "..imagining they've rendered a sacred service to God.." !! It is SICKENING! well enuff..but do you see even more why I have been so ANGRY and warned you?? This same time was when you met the culmination, in my view, of the cramped & narrow road you had been traversing in efforts to remain faithful as well. It seems to me that he had you 'set up' too, having come thru all you did, as he is so known for this type of thing - at just the 'right time to give you that one last push so that you became very angry and hurt and left off. I won't go any further into this but I want to say that you don't seem so angry at Jehovah anymore..& to that I cling. Now for the further attack on our family - confidentially - [my husband] & I found out later on that during that same period of time - mainly March & April - something happened within your sister's marriage that caused her to pick up and LEAVE him. We know that her doing so was what she should have done as she stayed w/ a sister and also w/ an elder and his wife. We know the situation was "very serious". I won't go into it more here but we are certain the trouble was demonic. After some weeks, the situation was apparently rectified and she returned... Son, my beloved [daniel-p], I would be very blood-guilty in just my own eyes if I did not speak up & warn you of what I see in your situation. I can see it objectively - just please, if you have ever listened to me before, listen intently now for I feel a strong need to say this: YOU are an intregal part of the ISSUE, yes, you-one person-[daniel-p]. It is the ONLY thing that Satan has to 'hit' you with as Jehovah will UNDO anything else that happens...do you see this?? Our Adversary, with his super-human intelligence, is a Master at DECEPTION so our only protection must come from Jehovah and Christ Jesus. He waits and bides his time - for yearss if necessary. Now for something vital that must be said: WHEN he gains a toe-hold son, as he has whenever we stop associating or preaching, do not be deceived in the fact that he will go after your family to break up your marriage..there is no guessing at this..he will try.. PROTECT your wife son, by being her spiritual head..you do not want her heart to be grieving. He will see this. Do not leave her open to his attack. Protect yourself. I am not alluding to anything bad within either of you, you know this. What I am telling you is that I KNOW the DEVIL and his tactics. You wouldn't be able to even imagine what he will try to set up as what could become a TRAP for either of you. I beg you to listen to your mother in this. And he loves to catch you OFF-GUARD. this is the reason we don't dare take off our spiritual armor. This is the reason we are careful about what we read, what we watch, who we associate with..what we feed our minds.This world is designed to keep us from worshipping Jehovah. And this is the reason that we have to take sides. Satan has forced this issue. Don't think he is going to remain content at your inactivity. His aim is to DESTROY completely. He loves to CONFUSE us - CONFUSE what is the Issue - he LOVEs to HURT us and our loved ones.. I know you won't reply but son, I would be no kind of mother if I didn't warn you. you are PRECIOUS to your God, Jehovah and to the F&DS - don't ever think for one instant that you are not. You are precious to sooooooo many! you have no idea I guess... EVERYBODY LOVES YOU. But most of all, JEHOVAH LOVES YOU & WANTS YOU! Don't let any person take that away from you; it is your inherited birthright, it is the GIFT from God. from my heart, your Mom

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When you read that letter from an outsider perspective (and as one who doesn't believe in invisible people), it does sound insane.

No doubt, she loves you.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Please, someone let me know that this is truly insane, and I'm not off my rocker for calling it so. I used to get emails like this regularly back in the day, but there was a respite for a few years. Now I see she's back to her old shenanigans. Thankfully, my wife understands.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Wow Daniel-p, that is quite a letter. It's hard to work out what it is your mom is going on about and I don't want to be nosy.

In a nutshell she is telling you that there are other family members who have serious problems and you shouldn't let yourself be discouraged by them - is that right?

Does she know you are inactive and don't believe?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I've seen similar rantings from an in-law of mine. This in-law JW takes mood-altering prescription drugs.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

leaving, I've never had any doubt she loves me.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thing is, she is deadly serious from the tone of the letter. If you have a fairly amicable relationship with her you could just say thanks for the letter and that you've given it some thought without making a firm commitment.

This is the sort of thing I am dreading in the coming months.

• VIII
    VIII

Quote:

I want to say that you don't seem so angry at

Jehovah anymore..& to that I cling. Weird, I get those exact same words from my Mom. "you don't seem angry at Jehovah. Yada, yada." Oh, and you are precious to Jah and the FDS. And Satan will get you if you don't return and be the spiritual head. Sorry, but this must be what they were learning at the Tuesday bookstudy. How to try to get your family back. Gag. I get those e-mails regularly.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

In a nutshell she is telling you that there are other family members who have serious problems and you shouldn't let yourself be discouraged by them - is that right?

Does she know you are inactive and don't believe?

Truthseeker, yes, that's what she's been referring to for several years now, but get this: she has NEVER told me any specific thing about it. This kind of stuff is all I get. Also, I've never inquired about it! She just launches into this every once in a while. I think that over the years she has perfected a strange persecution complex.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It sounds very provocative.

Perhaps you should go back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit