Michael Jackson's Death Is Exposing Jehovah's Witnesses In A HUGE Way!!!

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

And the Jackson parents attended this public spectacle?

• blondie
  • minimus
    minimus

But if average JW was involved in such a funeral, there'd be hell to pay! My mother was removed as a Regular Pioneer simply because she went to her inactive JW's granddaughter's wedding to a "worldly" person yet the Jackson JWs can get involved in interfaith funeral services. Hypocrites!

• blondie
    blondie

I saw that only his brothers and Janet were there. No evidence of physical presence of his parents. The only jws are Katherine and Rebbie (and her family). No sign they were at the stadium event.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

No...there is no way if that guy was a JW that he would have NOT said Jehovahs name like 20 times during that prayer.

They might have a private talk in a funeral home someplace done by a JW brother. As long as its not in a hall. We had a man commit suicide who was a DAd JW and they did have a talk in the hall. His body was not present. But his SON who was in his early 20s and a JW, gave a talk.

I thought it was odd...but I think they did it for the benefit of the JW family who were still with us.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Blondie, Rebbie and Katherine were there; Rebbie was up on stage at the end with the children.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, I didn't see them on the stage. I've been at non-jw funerals in my day as a jw...I just avoided saying anything or doing anything that was religious...no problem. There certainly were no jw brothers speaking today. Just Al Sharpton, Lucious Smith, and MLK 3rd and his sister, none jw that I'm aware of. Except Al Sharpton who was a little over the top, it seemed quite sincere and subdued.

The Jackson family reflect what I have seen among jws for years...one way for some and one way for another. I do believe that Katherine still goes to the Woodland Hills congregation.

I have no desire to castigate this family in their time of sorrow. I came out of a family that was half jw and half non-jw and now no longer jw. jws can be so judgmental and holier than thou. I don't want to be that way now to others, now that I have left.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I thought in the middle of the event, it would have been interesting if someone walked out on the stage and read some announcements:

1. "We are in a deficit situation of 10 Million Dollars and know you will generously support the arrangement here."

2. "The flowers at the front of the platform will be available afterwards for a suggested contribution."

3. "We have telegrams to read from other countries."

4. "Don't we all want to thank the Management of the Staples Center and the City of Los Angeles for the preparation and support of this event?!" (applause)

5. "You may all be seated."

Rub a Dub

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

i have a feeling that most of the people saying and praying things at the service had no idea what Michael's spiritual ideas were.

i think that is pretty disgusting.

• rebel8
    rebel8

For some reason Rub a Dub's post struck me as REALLY REALLY funny. ROFL!

....or if they served room temperature Shasta and cheese danishes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit