Michael Jackson's Death Is Exposing Jehovah's Witnesses In A HUGE Way!!!

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you read comments made regarding MJ's death, there are tons of people talking about his religion. The fact that he was a JW that disassociated himself, is giving bloggers all sorts of ammunition regarding the rotten Witness religion. JWs are trying to defend themselves and their religion and outsiders are clearly seeing how effed up JWs really are.

Good. I hope it continues without letup.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I hope you are right, but I think that the way this little messed up person is being deified by the media - that the JW thing may be treated as just one more weirdly lovable think about the wonderful Michael.

I saw that Jesse Jackson had nothing bad to say about it, and was hinting at a private JW ceremony this morning (which I could hardly believe, given his record) - but I guess nothing about them surprises me that much any more.

• rebel8
  • Japster
    Japster

Does anyone know if the private memorial was a JW one? I'd highly doubt it but would love to see that!

• minimus
    minimus

Obviously there are very very large numbers who do not accept the accusations about MJ as being true. I believe many will view his weirdness as a by product of his Witness upbringing.

When you think about it, the Organization would've rather had the Jackson family go out in worthless field service than develop their unbelievable talent. (Another reason why this Organization is counter-productive).

• blondie
    blondie

It is possible that it was a jw service for the jw family members....

*** km 3/97 p. 7 Question Box ***

What if the deceased was disfellowshipped?The congregation would generally not be involved. The Kingdom Hall would not be used. If the person had been giving evidence of repentance and manifesting a desire to be reinstated, a brother’s conscience might allow him to give a Bible talk at the funeral home or graveside, to give a witness to unbelievers and to comfort the relatives. Before making this decision, however, it would be wise for the brother to consult with the body of elders and give consideration to what they may recommend. In situations where it would not be wise for that brother to be involved, it may be appropriate for a brother who is a member of the deceased person’s familyto give a talk to console the relatives.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Another fairly weird thing over this is that even Joe Jackson (who is openly being accused of being an abusive and demanding father) - is being publically referred to as a Jehovah's Witness.

It almost seems like the witness heirarchy want the name association with MJ and family, but without having the guts to come out and say that he was certainly no witness by their own standards of behavior.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

I think the contrary. Many are investigating and interesting in the JW'S beliefs.

• Gayle
    Gayle

(from a song from Michael) Childhood lyrics Have you seen my Childhood?
    I'm searching for the world that I come from
    'Cause I've been looking around
    In the lost and found of my heart...
    No one understands me
    They view it as such strange eccentricities...
    'Cause I keep kidding around
    Like a child, but pardon me...

People say I'm not okay
    'Cause I love such elementary things...
    It's been my fate to compensate,
    for the Childhood
    I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
    I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
    Like pirates in adventurous dreams,
    Of conquest and kings on the throne...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
    Look within your heart then ask,

People say I'm strange that way
    'Cause I love such elementary things,
    It's been my fate to compensate,
    for the Childhood I've never known...

I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
    Like fantastical stories to share
    The dreams I would dare, watch me fly...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.
    The painful youth I've had

Have you seen my Childhood...

• minimus
    minimus

ATALAYA, if you read the news blogs regarding this subject, there are a few JWs supporting their religion. They are very easily outnumbered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit