How Many Are Watching the Jackson Memorial Now?

by cabasilas 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have it. It's not that rare

I'm lucky, I'm white

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

we're watching

John Meyer on now playing Human Nature - we're fans of his music

• Japster
    Japster

Sorry John Mayers guitar drivel is like 'elevator' musak

• snowbird
    snowbird

Josie, I'm not talking about being positive, getting an education, and improving one's lot in life; I'm talking about his turning his back on all things Black.

I've never once heard him speak with pride about the sacrifices and accomplishments of those who made his way of life possible.

Spike Lee said essentially the same thing on an interview with CBS's Harold Dow.

Something went very, very wrong somewhere.

Sylvia

• Japster
    Japster

What's with the 'hoser' hillbilly in the audience who keeps yealling out stupid things.....don't they know this is a funeral????

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm talking about his turning his back on all things Black.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If that is the case why vilify him for it? We really don't know what went on behind the door of the Jackson household while MJ was growing. We don't know what he was exposed to on the road with his father and brothers. We don't know how his supposed self hatred of being black came about. But if he didn't want to be black why be so mad about it. It was his problem not ours and certainly not mine.

There were times in my life when I thought my life would have been so much easier if I had been born white, I grew up and found out that might not have been true. But I will not vilify someone for wanting to be something other than what they are. I haven't walked in their shoes.

Josie

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Celebrating his music, brings back some fond memories.

Sad to see such a talented individual come to a closing end in this fashion.

I don't know if just my computer inter-net access but is there a noticeable slow down logging into JWN,

Other sites on the net for me are working fine, could it be that there are many people now googling JW and

are finding this site ?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

RIP Michael Jackson.

There's some really ugly stuff in this thread.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But I will not vilify someone for wanting to be something other than what they are. I haven't walked in their shoes.

I wanted to be anything other than what I was. I was hoping my real parents would come and take me away from the madness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit