How Many Are Watching the Jackson Memorial Now?

by cabasilas 112 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Stevie Wonder - beautiful!

By the way they are saying on the news here in the UK that the casket is empty. Don't ask me how they know that.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

RIP Michael Jackson.

There's some really ugly stuff in this thread.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm not vilifying him; I'm stressing the need for parents to instill in their children a sense of pride in their heritage.

And, I'm pointing out the tragic situation of having those you've tried so hard to copy turn on you.

If you or anyone else read anything more into my statements, please stand corrected.

That's all.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

Jermaine's last song was a tear jerker.

• Diva
    Diva

Back to the original question..... Yes I'm watching it and loving the music (not so much the pulpit speeches!) Loved Brooke and OMG Usher is on now....

PS Sorry Snowbird, I don't agree with you.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Watching it now - it is so surreal! The picture of him above the stage with his arms stretched out in a Christ like crucified pose was just creepy.

The guy had a great talent as an entertainer but he was certainly screwed up mentally. And now they are treating him like some sort of saint. Yes, he might have done some humanitarian work but who of us wouldn’t do the same given the time and money he had.

I gave a few witness funeral talks in my time. This show certainly doesn't follow the instructions not to eulogise the dead.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    PS Sorry Snowbird, I don't agree with you.

That's OK.

Sylvia

• Japster
    Japster

Brooke was beautiful as always.....she was a true friend. The finally showed the face of his arse-hole father Joe........chewing gum like a horse....what an idiot

• Japster
    Japster

As a lifelong JW/.....[now DF'd] I could never understand the harm in eulogizing a person.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sylvia, your prejudice catches me off guard at times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit