How Many Are Watching the Jackson Memorial Now?

by cabasilas 112 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Funny, that you mentioned Diana Ross.
    I lump her in the same category as Michael.
    Wannabe White people.

Why are you turning this into a race thing?

It ain't got nuthin to do with race.

It's time to put this freak in the ground and for all his fans to get a life.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Oops...I didn't realize his casket was there at Staples....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

C'mon Syliva, there will be no Oreo bashing on the board. *wags finger*

Josie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This ain't about him being on of 'us' or 'ya'll' or Diana Ross...Funny, that you mentioned Diana Ross I lump her in the same category as Michael.Wannabe White people.Sylvia

Interesting, it was because of Diana Ross that I wanted all my childhood to be beautiful and black like Diana and the other Motown gals. Motown eclipsed British Invasion, which I loved very, very much, in my taste and soul. Then soul music came along and became my favorite and then funk/superfly music.

I am still grief stricken over the loss of Bernie Mac. I watch him and he makes me laugh so hard. I like the black culture maybe better than white culture. I suspect deep down in our family background, I've got some soul grandparents.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not watching, is his casket gilded gold?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Point taken, Josie.

It's not about race, UC. It's about embracing your culture, being true to who you are, and not allowing others to take that away from you.

It's also about the irony of having those whom you've tried so hard to emulate turn on you with such ferocity.

As parents, Joe and Kat dropped the ball somewhere and never recovered it!

There's a lesson in there for all parents - especially Black ones!

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover
    ...the irony of having those whom you've tried so hard to emulate turn on you with such ferocity.

Your speaking in absolutes...as if he tried to turn 'white' and he would be just like 'all of us'. We aren't all the same, just as other races aren't all the same.

His trying to be white doesn't make him anything like me. I dare say if he knew me, he wouldn't want to be me. And I didn't turn on him...I've never worshipped him to begin with. I appreciated his talent, especially early on but have never been a fan or cared for his antics.

He's just another dead celebrity who couldn't handle life. It's sad, but life goes on. And people who want to live vicariously through celebrities so much that they mourn this guy to this degree need to get help.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Your speaking in absolutes...as if he tried to turn 'white' and he would be just like 'all of us'. We aren't all the same, just as other races aren't all the same.

I'm speaking from the standpoint of a Black person who knows how another Black person thinks.

Michael thought if he could only become White all his problems would be solved. I've personally known people who thought the same. I know it's not true, but how many others are out there who harbor similar views?

That is what bothers me.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover
    I'm speaking from the standpoint of a Black person who knows how another Black person thinks.

So all black people think the same? Again...you're speaking in absolutes.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Lionel Richie then performed the song "Jesus is Love."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit