How Many Are Watching the Jackson Memorial Now?

by cabasilas 112 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99923Q02&show_article=1

Michael Jackson's concerts always were difficult to get tickets to, but that's nothing compared to the pop star's memorial service.

On eBay, bids for tickets for Tuesday's event were reaching as high as $1,000 and $3,000, though it was impossible to verify the seriousness of those bids. Others on Monday were submitting offers more in the $100-$200 range.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I have watched so much of the news in the last week, that I am burned out. Plus, we just lost a friend over the weekend to a heart attack. He was only 36. I think that is on my mind more lately.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

posts are not showing up

• lehigh01
    lehigh01

I could not watch the memorial service at work but I DVR'd it and watched it when I got home. I cried several times. I feel sorry for Michael. But now he is at rest. It's in Jehovah's hands now. Stop judging and hating on the man. He touched the world. I have never seen anything like this in my 54 years on earth. The man was special and no one can take that away from him. Yes he had some problems. Look at how he was raised. Back in the days when Michael was growing up, blacks were taught to hate themselves. We hateed our skin color. We were either too dark or too light. We hated our noses. It was too big. Hated our hair. It was nappy. That is 300 years of systemically self hated. We just started loving ourself in the 70's and 80's I can imaging how hard Michael had it in the entertainment business. He was exposed to all types of prejudges. And it had a nagative effect on him. He was scarred for life. And just because we are in 2009 don't think that it is go away. There still is the color code. We don't see real dark skined women protrayed as sex symbols. But thank goodness for Michele Obama. And negative remarks are still made about Black people (referral to Obama as a monkey and a coon. So don't think that racism is gone yet. But it's up to you the young generation to kill it. If Michael can do it with music. Why can't we do it with love and tolerance. I know it was a death but it was also a celebration. What are they going to talk about tomorrow on CNN, the recession, Korea has a bomb or that the jobless rate is at 10%. Who wants to hear that depressive stuff again.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Though I dont agree with all the money spent on gold caskets
    etc: when so many are starving.

Mouthy, you big sweetheart. Read John 12: 3-8 and you'll feel better.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Wow!! There are 40,000,000 black people in America......do they all have the same culture??? Are blacks in Miami, Texas and Oakland all the same??? Bad english, menial jobs, drankin' 40 ozs., driving cadillacs and eatin' wallamellon???

There is a large amount of diversity in the black community. I have never understood "Acting White" or Acting Black. Do the whites in lower Appalachia ACT White??? What about the ones in the trailer parks across the midwest. Boston?? Odessa, Texas???? There is diversity there as well. All are not magically gifted with the blessing of wealth, intelligence and success.

As a black male, the connotations associated with these statements is incredible. I assume you believe all Asians are good at math as well.

I think Mike may have had issues with his color and appearence because his father and brothers harassed him regarding his nose, among other things. I am not sure what demons this man dealt with daily. I find his story very interesting. I have NEVER had an interest in a celebrity in the past until now.

I have not really followed him since the 90's. I am not sure about the child molestation issues. I can only assume if someone molested one of my daughters or sons, I would perfer to see their cold body quivering in a purple pool of blood vs any amount of money. I would assume that any parent would do the same. I do not think an amount of money would stop me from making this person physically attone for their ins.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I heard that he gave $300,000,000 during the course of his life to charities. This included paying for many funerals of children killed in gang violence across the US. It seems that the cost of the coffin is minimal in comparison.

http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/135/ARTICLE/5811/2009-06-28.html

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy, you big sweetheart. Read John 12: 3-8 and you'll feel better.

No flying high,that made me feel worse.First of all it was Judas <( are you saying that is me?)who was complaining( the same as me)
    secondly it was for JESUS the perfume was being used,
    Micheal Jackson is NOT Jesus....So I was complaining about the money spent on the gold casket.
    Yes we will have the poor always,
    O.K so I guess I am like Judas !!!!! as you suggest. It bothers me GOLD CASKET
    Jesus didnt even get that ,he got a sheet wrap around.....Thank God HE folded his napkin( headpeice)
    to let us know HE will be back.

• truthlover
    truthlover

I watched it all, and then watched the after math of interviews, Larry King Live, etc.. he was a unique individual and I was surprised when the Guiness book of Records listed him as giving , I think it was, $4 hundred million to charities to make the world a better place... all who knew him said he was loving and kind.. I do believe the molestation cases were a money grab - for as many said on the forum, wouldnt you rather see someone like that in prision rather than take $20 million??

Side note - they ran a pict of two caskets going into the mortuary, one silver and one gold -- I believe he was buried when the memorial ceremony ( in the silver one ) was taking place -this would deflect the public's attention as to where and when he was buried. A Canadian announcer did say the herse left the Staples Centre empty..

• undercover
    undercover
    Someone DIED! And there are people on here mocking and calling that person names. Undercover, you make rude comments just to push people's buttons. This isn't the time nor the place. Mocking someone who just died is about as low as one can go. I cry for you. I pray that if you lose any of your loved ones, that they are not mocked, abused and made fun of as you have just done. I wouldn't wish your attitude on anyone.

First of all Jackson didn't 'just' die. He died almost two weeks ago. Since he's been in the news for all this time, why isn't this the time to discuss my opinion about him?

Second, my so-called 'rude' comments are my opinion to which I have a right to as much as anyone else has a right to praise Jackson. This is a 'discussion' board, not a 'let's worship dead pop stars' board. People don't like that I don't fall over crying at his memorial service? Tough shit.

I didn't mock Jackson so much as I mocked everyone who fell under this spell of worshipping him. If by calling him a freak and pedophile, you consider that mocking him, so be it. The evidence supports my descriptions of him.

Thanks for the tears but I don't need em. I don't need prayers either. If a member of my family was as fucked up as Michael Jackson, I would expect them to be mocked and made fun of by outsiders...and I wouldn't defend them against it. People think what they want. I can't change that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit