Aug. 15th WT- "Jehovah Only Loves Those Who Obey the Governing Body "

by flipper 73 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    So- I gather from this that the GB is telling these people that to be loved by God you have to obey the WT society leaders and elders.

Sounds about right. Just wait until you hear the spin on this thread that Spike or Reniaa gives it, then you'll see how dangerous this type of coercive writing is.

• Chalam
    Chalam

SCARRED FOR LIFE- I agree. I think it's very dangerous for our witness families and other JW's on the inside. What's the next step ? Drink the kool-aid like Jim Jones group did ? Or take up " arms for Christ " like David Koresh's group did ? Nothing would surprise me anymore with what the WT society is capable of doing in controlling it's members ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Ah next thing they might say not to marry, to not go to and study or to sell one's home because "millions living now will never die" and Armageddon is imminent.

Woops, they did all that all ready :(

I think they will keep the cult mainstream and not go too wild. Best not to give the game away! After all, they are still doing a great job at what they do best, 6 million isn't bad going for a cult. Only the Mormons are really doing a better job. Maybe they should adopt some of their tactics? The prospect of becoming a God and polygamy could swell the ranks of JWs?!

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Aug. 15th WT- "Jehovah Only Loves Those Who Obey the Governing Body "

Once again they contravene what is written in the bible and the knowledge of God.

See what is written here

John 3:16 (New American Standard Bible)

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

God actually loves those who love His Son, not some man made organisation

John 16:27 (New International Version)

27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

All the best,

Stephen

• metatron
    metatron

Figuring out the Watchtower's thinking is a bit Byzantine but here's how things work:

Watch for things they endlessly repeat and ask why. Endless articles on raising kids? because Witness families are falling apart and kids are leaving.

Endless 'reminders' on contributions? Witnesses are closing their wallets. Authority? Witnesses are encountering the real truth - that their leaders are cold hearted fools who couldn't manage anything and are making desperate decisions to survive.

metatron

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

So all they have to do is say that people in CHARGE of dispensing Jehooovers Word are all imperfect, so they screw up when like...taking dictation from God and have to get constant "new understanding" but are nevertheless His Choice in the matter...and the JWs have to follow whatever those self appointed Sacred Secretaries say and write. Period. To do so would be essentially like Defying Hitler.

Not something you wanted to do when you were around Hitler....he who has the ball writes the rules. And the JWs, with the exception of the gas chambers, are nothing more than life controlling nazis.

• Balsam
    Balsam

The listen to this nonsense at meetings, their books, their conventions on and on. Listening to that without critical thinking that challenges such mind numbing dribble can cause people to fall in step never questioning the proof of such so called leadership. I know when I was in I simply fell into line with such stuff until I thought some of the comments and demands made no sense. I am so thankful to have awakened from the nonsense the JW's are fed in a steady diet of lies.

Who gave the GB their authority, what evidence is there for this so called authority? When I asked myself this question I realized it was impossible to answer and the more I pondered it more it seemed outrages for any one to claim Jesus is working through them exclusively.

Ruth

• reniaa
    reniaa

godwins law wuzluvsdubs? hmmm demonising again! you cannot deny the scriptures and they are clear on this historically and doctrinely.

Hebrews 13:17
    Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

there isn't a single point in the bible were God doesn't acknowledge authority and leadership in heaven and on earth, it is something that marks God himself and his son.

Matthew 8:8-11 (New International Version)

8 The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

this soldier understood so why don't we?

Reniaa

• booby
    booby

reniaa . . . . how can 81/2 old farts in brooklyn keep watch over 7,000,000 worldwide. If they at least had the decency and good sense to keep emphasizing the "faithful slave" and the whole body of overseers in various capacities it would not be guite so naseating. But no, they have to agrandize themselves.

• flipper
    flipper

SCARRED FOR LIFE- I agree with what you say. That's interesting that your elder uncle is so wired up ! I've heard that from other lurking witnesses right now that elders are very tense for some reason. Strung out. It wouldn'y surpise me if some big scandal or something rocked the witnesses in the next 5 years or so.

OTWO- I'm sure we will hear from our resident JW apologist very soon Ms. Reniaa . Yep! I see her down near the bottom of the page already !

CHALAM- Yeah, the witnesses will probably try to not get too offbeat- but too late, they are offbeat enough already ! They already counsel their young married couples not to have children in this system , tell them to wait for the paradise. There is no telling what they will do.

METATRON- Good points you make. Any time the GB comes out with articles it usually means they are having problems with their members in some area of life. So you are right- they are probably having problems with people respecting the GB's authority so thus- the articles printed to keep rank and file members in line.

WUZLOVESDUBS- Very true what you say- the GB of the WT society is like Adolf Hitler and the Nazi regime. They constantly have rank and file members under scrutiny and will stoop to any tactics to get the dirt on members. Disgusting.

BALSAM- These witnesses ARE cult mind controlled as if by hypnotism at their meetings to follow the GB and elders. No matter WHAT counsel they give out. I'm glad you got out and achieved your freedom ! I feel it is the epitome of arrogance for these men at Bethel to say they are God's spokesmen. Who gives them the right ? Themselves, that's who, nobody else. Sick.

RENIAA- It's one thing to submit to authority when it's called for, government leaders, presidents, employers, but when the leaders ( GB ) of an organization like Jehovah's Witnesses call THEMSELVES God's chosen spokesmen that is arrogant. Especially when they hypocritically don't follow the same rules they put out for their members to follow ! It's called " Do as I say, not as I do. " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BOOBY- Good points. The governing body is grand in it's own eyes. The men there are so out of touch with reality - it's not funny. They pump themselves up more than they ever do Jesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit