Aug. 15th WT- "Jehovah Only Loves Those Who Obey the Governing Body "

by flipper 73 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

SUSAN HERE- I'm glad your sister got up the courage to tell the elders to stop intruding in her life. It really gets to that point many times. I mean, I essentially had to stand up to the elders in a similar way - just to get them off my back- and I had been out over 3 years and still they tried to hound me. I agree with you - the tighter they try to control EVERY aspect of witnesses lives in time a fair amount of them will say " enough is enough ! " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I only hope that they try to over control my wife as she continues this 'personal bible study'......taking the fun out of her life may make her see some of the issues.....I am not sure though....

• flipper
    flipper

INSEARCHOFTRUTH- I should have added in my answer to Susan that in addition to " over control" many times what will shake a witness out of the organization is being treated " unjustly " by the elders or other authority figures. So on top of being controlled too much they dump bad treatment and guilt on a person. For some of us- it begins our breaking point where we leave- that's what happened to me. I got sick of being treated like a piece of dog poo. So as much as you love your wife and don;t want to see her get hurt- when it comes to being in the witnesses hope that somebody screws her over- then her eyes may open. I know it sounds a bit harsh- but it's true. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just want to bump this up if anybody missed and wanted to comment. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit