Aug. 15th WT- "Jehovah Only Loves Those Who Obey the Governing Body "

by flipper 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

what websites and blogsites are you checking, besides this one?

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Flipper,

The awful conclusion is, you could arrive at, is the Governing Body who have disobeyed God, could get away with it as well, terrible thought.

KT

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

As I said I'm in Europe so I go through other languages(I speak 4)and generally I have observed that more and more JW;s are entering to "apostatic"websides...

Internet indeed is something that the GB are terryfied about it. They can't control a JW who is home alone and can look what ever he likes

• flipper
    flipper

GAYLE- There are alot of websites we can check to get info. Freeminds is a good one, JWS, this board. Many sites dealing with mind control, etc.

KAYTEE- The governing body will get away with intimidating many witnesses- yes that's true. But we are living in the information age due to the internet and many folks are seeing the deception of the WT society. Including " sitting on the fence " witnesses themselves ! Hope they jump !

JUSTHUMAN 14- I agree with you. I'm sure the GB is terrified of how they are being exposed on the internet and they are frustrated they can't control witnesses using computers in their own homes in private. I think it's great the GB can't control everything

• littlebird
    littlebird

Hi, I know its a little late, but I just stumbled across this thread.

My 2 cents is this, the Gb is definately out for control, and clearly, "being submissive to those taking the lead" does not involve blind allegience. I'm sure many trusted Aaron when he made the golden calf, (he knew better) and those who bought into it were punished. Even though Aaron was pressured into making it, You couldn't get away with saying "Gee, Aaron is part of the GB, he made a calf, lets worship it."

The WT demands absolute obedience to their regulations, right or wrong.

Someone mentioned their elder relative being on edge. I am married to an active JW and he has gone completely wacky in the last month or so, yelling at me about how Satan has overtaken me, and how I will fall before Jehovah, and on and on about the end coming soon. Someone told me today that the jws came to the door recently and was talking about the end coming in 2013. I don't think she would lie to me, maybe she misunderstood. Has anyone else heard this? This could explain some of the psychoness.

I know you don't know me here. I was a jw for 22yrs, da'd 1 1/2yrs ago. Consider myself a Christian, but nondenominational.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Although this should go without saying, I think it is worth repeating:

The whole "foundation" for the fundamental (and most important) doctrine of Jehovah's Wtinesses, namely, "The Governing Body Speaks For God(tm)" is merely a circular argument. A circular argument is the weakest and most childish of all logical fallacies. It is based upon using a conclusion to support an assertion.

"The GB speaks for God."

Question: How do you know that?

"The GB tells us they do, and since they speak for God, they cannot lie to us."

That argument is just as foolish and specious as this one:

"The Bible is the Word of God."

Question: What proof do you have of that?

"The Bible SAYS it is the Word of God"

Farkel

• besty
    besty

welcome littlebird - start a thread with your story please,

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was taught: We will each render an accounting before god. So, if I obey a human who tells me to do something that god doesn't want me to do and I know he doesn't want me to do it, I will have to render an accounting of my actions before god.

I would assume that I would be responsible for doing what I know god wants me to do. By violating my conscience and following what a man tells me to do, if it's wrong, then I am guilty of sin. That is how I used to understand it.

• flipper
    flipper

LITTLEBIRD- Welcome to the board ! I didn't realize this thread got bumped up until today. Sorry for the delayed response. Good points you bring out. WT society does demand complete obedience of it's members- right or wrong. I'm sorry your JW husband is on the warpath ! Hang in there it's not easy when we live with superstitious witnesses. I don't know why a JW at the door would tell someone 2013 will be the end. They have been saying this date or that date for years- it never comes. The one constant about any mind control cult is - they never deliver on any of their promises to members. I wouldn't worry about 2013. Ain't gonna happen. Because that promise is coming from a mind control cult.

FARKEL- I agree, circular reasoning is faulty and stupid. It has no bearing in proof or vaild evidence. Just credulity and hearsay.

BESTY- I agree Little bird, hope you tell your story. You sound like you have a great head on your shoulders ! Interesting person.

WHITE DOVE- I was raised that way as well White Dove - to trust only what the Bible or Jehovah said and if man or anyone in the WT society told me different- don't believe them. I was accountable for me- not the WT society. And this was told to me by my JW parents. My how the WT organization has changed in all these years

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Sorry to be late seeing this thread.

Quick comment ...

My JW sister finally got fed up with the ever-increasing strangle-hold of the JW leaders in her life.

The way she put it was, "They've taken all the joy out of life."

They showed up at her door to again apply pressure to force her back into line, but for once she stood her ground, refusing to give in.

She knows df'ing is next, and really doesn't care.

SHE VOWS SHE'LL NEVER GO BACK TO A KH AGAIN!

The more the JW leaders force the members into lock step regimentation, the more the average Witness will wake up to what is happening to them.

This is how toxic churches fade into oblivion.

I guess miracles haven't ceased!

SusanHere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit