Do You Consider yourself an Atheist / Agnostic / or Christian? Reasons ?

by flipper 83 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

DONNY- I also decided not to jump on any religious bandwagon after I left the witnesses because I had really been turned off by the controlling nature of the witnesses and other religions. I proved to myself as well that everlasting life was a farce and unbelievable. I like living in the here and now and dealing with reality more ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cantleave
    cantleave

Confused - Tearing up everything I have believed in for 42 years and starting again.

• flipper
    flipper

CANTLEAVE- I'm so sorry you have had to come to this realization friend. It's a very hard thing to find out that we were lied to and manipulated. But one way to look at it is you have a fresh start and new life to have access to your free mind to take in information you were once kept away from. The GB did NOT want you to have access to this information because they wanted to control your life- not be a compliment to your life. There's a big difference. Just keep informing yourself and edicating yourself as you have in fact been doing already. In time the further you get away from the mind control of the Jehovah's Witnesses - the clearer the distinction appears between fantasy and reality , believe me. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am an agnostic.

I do find comfort in reading the bible when I get all bent out of shape.

And the topics of atheist, agnostic, and christian do tend to bend me out of shape.

Cant really make sense of whats going on.

And If I do make sense of whats going on I dont like what I find.

So maybe I go back to the river in Egypt and hide.

No matter how irritated I get with God and the bible, I cant go full tilt atheist

and say there is no God/ creator.

I could say it. But I cant hold the thought.

When I went to AA they told me to keep it simple.

When I was a Christian aka, bible believer, reader, the bible said to be as a little child.

To me that means keep it simple.

When I keep it simple I could be a Christian, believer.

When I start thinking I become an agnostic.

I cant keep my mind simple enough to be a Christian or an atheist.

I have never been able to think enough or as such to be an atheist for any

length of time.

I could say I'm an atheist right now but by tomorrow morning I'd be an agnostic.

Thats the way I am, the best I can do.

I've had the urge to be a minister and share the good news with people.

But I can no more do that in good conscience than I can promote Richard Dawkins.

So I come up agnostic.

I'm an observer. Luke warm ready to be spit out. Neither hot or cold.

It's almost like God and the devil want participants not observers.

They want pawns for their game.

If they want me to play, I need better data.

Not the kind that will hang a jury.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I have been watching some short films about Jesus with some friends of mine, which attempts to separate Jesus from all the labels and religious stuff. I found that by doing this and just looking at Jesus was very freeing from all the bad stuff and confusion that goes with religion.

I know that being a JW really messed with my head in many ways, but when I left I still had my faith which I have always had deep down inside myself. To be honest I am still not completely sure about some doctrinal issues, but am more at peace with it all now . I believe that if I don't know all the answers then it won't be held against me anyway.

So without using labels, I do believe in the God of the Bible and that Jesus came to earth as a ransom sacrifice for all.

Maddie

• flipper
    flipper

JAGUARBASS- Good comments. It is a confusing option once we leave the witnesses to be sure. I too feel I'm agnostic - as I would need more info from " God " to decide on the validity or not.

MADDIE- I'm glad you have found some peace. It does seem like it would be easier to examine Jesus life without all the added influence of different religions. Good for you that you've found a better place

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this up for any who'd like to comment ! Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Mr Flipper,

I am a born again Christian, I guess most people know that who read my posts. I hope this explains.

John 3:3 (New International Version)

3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Now where is the kingdom of God? Up in the sky with the "anointed" like the WT says?

Luke 17:20-21 (New International Version)
    20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." Who is the King who comes to reign? The Holy Sprit, the Spirit of the King of Kings, Jesus.
    John 14:15-18 (New International Version)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. All the best, Stephen
  • flipper
    flipper

CHALAM- I'm happy for you that you are happy in your born again status. Much peace to you, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Farkel
    Farkel

"Don't let your believing be in your teaching. Let your believing be in your walking."

Everything else is bullshit.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit