Do You Consider yourself an Atheist / Agnostic / or Christian? Reasons ?

by flipper 83 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling
    I am a Christian. I am a Christian based on the evidences for the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. I am also a Christian because Christianity is the only religion that conforms to reality.

Wow, that is very nearly poetic.

[inkling]

• mouthy
    mouthy

but it won't stop me from living life to it's fullest now <<<<Flipper said
    Glad to read that Flipper because the one I TRY to listen to says that is why
    HE paid the ransome for you to live MORE ABUNDENTLY!!!!
    I call my self a born again Christian.Because I dont have faith in religions
    because I think religions cause more trouble in the world ( as well as booze,drugs,etc)
    I do think most of what Jesus says appeals to me...& as Farkel said the walk is
    a good marker to see if one is a friend or foe.
    I dont care weather folks think I am nuts to have a personal relationship
    with MY GOD, but HE is the one I converse with, ask questions, etc:
    No I dont get the answers right away, but am surprised when I do at a later
    day....

Yes I know the "nut house" are filled with others that talk to GOD!!!
    so who knows maybe oneday I will need a visit .LOL

• androb31
    androb31

Christian - Personal experience and direct intervention by Jesus. At the time you could say I humored myself and asked Him to deliver me from alcoholism (I struggled throughout a good portion of my JW career). My sister insisted that I ask Jesus to help me and if nothing happened then no loss no gain. I was like what the heck nothing else is working. I was still a JW at the time so of course I thought I was stepping into heresy by circumventing Jehovah. Anyway, I did it and within days I recovered and haven't looked back since. Call it what you will.

All of this came about after many many years of unsuccessful attempts, miserable failures, multiple in/out-patient rehabs, prayers, jc hearings, public reproofs, forced interventions and so on. That of course was only the first of many amazing things I've since experienced. One thing that amazes me is how much my view towards so-called "worldly" human beings (armegeddon fodder) has changed from a judgemental, holier than thou "convert or die" JW stance to a real love of neighbor. After 32 years of being indoctrinated in the JW "brand" of "christian love" I couldn't believe the changes that happened virtually overnight. Now I'm far more concerned with how I can contribute to other peoples lives and community instead of how much I can do for the borg.

Just my 2 cents.....

• mouthy
    mouthy

THATS the kind of testimonies I enjoy androb31... Delivered from booze ((((HUGS)))
    Thanks for sharing.

• androb31
    androb31

You're quite welcome Mouthy. Thanks for reading. ((Hugs back))

I've been posting for a while and been meaning to do an introduction thread but haven't gotten around to it just yet. Nice to meet you BTW.

I've seen so many other amazing things that my testimony pales in comparison to. I'd love to share those too at some point.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.

That isnt hijacking the thread Flipper asked WHY!!! you told us

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

There are other choices - I am none of the above.

Sherry

• flipper
    flipper

FARKEL- " Believing being in our walking ". So true .

INKLING_ Quite poetic.

MOUTHY- I'm happy for you that you have a relationship with God, your God . I'm glad it fulfills you ! I admired the teachings of Jesus , wherever he came from, he taught wise things. The important thing is you are happy.

ANDROB 31- Congratulations on exiting the witnesses. I think many of us find like you did that we become more concerned with others interests after we get out of the witnesses as opposed to turning time in or just serving an organization for outward appearances. I'm glad you are happy in your Christian standing.

GRETCHEN 956- I am none of the above either- though I respect their right to choose. I am an agnostic/atheist , but I'm happy

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

athiest: nope

agnostic: nope

christian: nope

thats what I meant by none of the above.

sherry

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have been agnostic at times, but NEVER atheist. I am an Episcopalian/Universalist with some Native American thrown in. I believe in the Great Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit