Do You Consider yourself an Atheist / Agnostic / or Christian? Reasons ?

by flipper 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Ermm, not exactly sure... somewhere between Atheist/Agnostic/Pagan?

Truth is, I believe in evolution. I don't believe in a supreme, all-powerful God(s). I dislike relligions inmensly. But, because of things that have happened to me thru my entire life, things that I've experienced since I left the bOrg and things that I have been studying for a while, I do believe there's a 'spiritual' side to things. I think there are things that do happen/exists, even if we can't see them.

yeah, that about sums it up.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Atheist... inasmuch as I don't believe anything or anyone like "God" or "gods" exists "out there," objectively, independently of our beliefs and fictions about it.
    Agnostic... inasmuch as I don't believe "knowledge" (especially in its modern, scientific, objective sense) can really account for everything -- and perhaps for anything actually.
    Christian... inasmuch as I believe Christianity is an integral part of "me" as the result of a long, collective cultural history and a shorter personal one.

By other people's standards, of course, I'm probably neither a true atheist, nor a true agnostic, nor a true Christian. But I do relate to the three concepts in my own way.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I prefer being a monopolytheist -- beleive in the power of the "allmighty buck" to make people do stupid things.. That or the "Flying Spagetti Monster" -- Blessed is he that is touched by his noodly appendages...

All kidding aside, I lean Agnostic. My wife on the otherhand is leaning Pegan. At least her spiritual view is more interesting than JW.

Darth Fader

• chickpea
    chickpea

instead of there being a vacuum
    where my "faith" once resided, there
    is a growing joy in simply trying to
    be a contributing human being...

not sure what that would look
    like as a label, and frankly i
    dont know what difference
    it would make to know....

just not feelin' it for any kind
    of organized spiritual direction....
    and i am thinking, for the remainder
    of my lifetime religion is off the table

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Narko is smart, he covers all the bases.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know what I am. It is hot outside today and I don't enjoy it. I hope it will be cooler tomorrow.

• Free
    Free

Well said poppers, Labels suck, People would call me Agnostic and I was saying it myself for awhile but to think about it we are still a slave to the air

of the invisables and the unknown when we label ourselves. Science hasn't nailed it yet and probably never will, Religion relys on the world of the invisables and I just can't believe in something that I can't see. OK, So you can't see electricity or certain types of rays. That is such bullshit when people of faith use that one. Only thing faith and electricity have in common is one(elec) could kill you if your not careful and the other(relig) threatens to kill you if your not careful. I have been trying live in the now. Where else is there ?

Free

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Leaving asked:

In your opinion, will this physical Hell be any worse than our present condition? Or, another way of asking it would be, since I'm not presently aware of any non-separation from God, will the actual separation be easy to recognize?

I strongly suspect that, from a physical perspective, Hell is less attractive to us than our current earth. On the other hand, there is no indication of man-on-man violence in Hell. From the verses in Luke 14, the rich man was aware of the separation.

These links may help:

Hell as evidence of God's mercy

The Crucifixion, the Nature of Hell, and Shame

Thank you for your thoughtful questions.

MD

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I don't worry to much about death anymore, we all die....I would say I have come to hate what religion does to people. I still believe there

is some kind of higher power, but I am more in tune with nature and the beauty in things around me. I do like some thoughts of Eastern

religions, meditation, living a peaceful life and showing kindness to all. Over all I would say that I have become Agnostic...

h4o

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Why does everything I type seperate when I post it?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit