Michael Jackson is Dead!

by slimboyfat 216 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well I never knew the man so I can't mourn the loss on a personal level. And I am not a judge so I can't say if he was guilty.

But I mourn the loss of what his music and his story meant to me as I grew up. And I feel for his mother.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My first Michael Jackson memory is from 1978. I was being babysat at a JW home and one of their daughters, who was about 11 or 12 or so, came up to me with a newspaper that had a big full page advertisement for The Wiz, and she pointed out to me the Scarecrow, and she said, beaming with pride, "See this guy? He is Michael Jackson and he is a Jehovah's Witness."

I remember how BIG Michael Jackson was in 1983 and 1984. I doubt people of the younger generation could appreciate what a huge star, how so cool he was, in those heady days. He was everywhere -- Thriller, duets with Paul McCartney, those videos for Billie Jean and Beat It, Weird Al imitating Jackson in Eat It, the Victory tour, singing in Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me", that Motown special "moonwalk" performance (God, everyone at school was talking about that), those Pepsi Generation commercials, his appearance at the White House, "Farewell My Summer Love" played on the radio all summer in 1984, etc. I think 1984 was my favorite year in music and Michael was a big part of it. Thriller and Victory were the first albums I ever bought.

And then from that peak, it was a long way down -- and it was sad to see his image change so completely. When Bad came out, my music tastes had changed and I didn't think he was cool anymore, and was disturbed as the stories and his behavior (and his appearance) got more and more bizarre. There was so much sensational nonsense in the media alongside actual antics and plausible allegations, I didn't know what to think except to lose interest in him other than as a curiosity. I found his '90s music especially sappy and uninteresting (in sharp contrast to his genuinely exciting work from the early '80s), and nothing could turn me off more than those allegations of child molestation. It's all so sad to me since he really was so cool and a source of pride in my early teen years. And now he passes away just weeks before his tour that he hoped would bring positive change to his life. Sad.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

As I posted on the other thread...

Here's to Michael Jackson, , a young JW who was a victim of that vicious doublespeak. Someone who could never stabilize after being exposed to such dissonant thinking. He MAY have done the bad things attributed to him. But let us never forget from where he came. For those interested, a NYC radio station KTU, is celebrating his life by playing his music till midnight. The link to listen live is here: http://www.ktu.com/main.html

Isaac Carmignani

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They booked him for 50 dates in one country alone..Thinking about it probably killed him..................................OUTLAW

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I had all MJ posters in the walls. But then I turned robot (I mean JW) and destroyed them.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The problem with this guy was too much success and money brought on too much self derived egotism that off railed his social behavior,

I grew up with the Jackson 5 as a kid and a fan and I happen to be the same age as Micheal.

Most likely his cardiac arrest was due to the cumulative physical stress put upon him in preparation to perform at his scheduled concert

in London. You have to take in account that Micheal was 50 years old, he was not a young 20/30 something like back in his Thriller days.

He was known for dieting on very strict diets to keep his weight down and taking many types of pain killers for numerous ailments,

now put that with the stress of creating another stage show that was supposed to be his big come back and going through a rigorous physical

training program by none other that Lou Ferigno, it appears his heart couldn't handle it all.

Too much excessiveness may have been his real killer, just as so many other celebrities that have passed before their time .

Trying to live up to an image that was only realistically going to eventually bring about his end, you see kings are really just people

like you and me and nothing more.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

And here is WT's reference to the King of Pop... As I say those idiots at WT probably had him all confused on what was right or wrong.

“I

WouldNeverDoIt

Again!”

In another popular video, Thriller, the performer is seen to transform first into a “cat person,” then a dancing “monster.” Evidently not wanting viewers to conclude that it promoted spiritism, the film begins with the disclaimer: “Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.—Michael Jackson.” Nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? And how does the performer, Michael Jackson, feel about it in looking back?

“I would never do it again!” says Jackson. “I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again.” Why not? “Because a lot of people were offended by it,” explains Jackson. “That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a video like that again!” He continues: “In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the film over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed on Thriller. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on Thriller. No more Thriller.’”

• shamus100
    shamus100

How do you know Gregor?

Oh come now - it's common knowledge. If you don't believe that, you should be seriously doubting Silent Lambs too.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Michael was the first man I ever wanted to marry. I loved Michael. I thought he sang just to me. I know he seemed somewhat crazy but it was just a manifestation of all that he had been through.

I hope its a hoax but I know its probably not. But what a solidification that life can be ripped from under us in any moment.

Michael, I'll miss you.

Michael, I'll celebrate you. You lived on your terms.

His death is enough to make me want to post my picture...but I'm not that delirious.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Lots of JW/Michael Jackson stuff here- http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/6/25/746950/-A-Dismembered-Soul

Can one really separate the course of Michael Jackson's life from the JW influence that consumed his mother? Hardly........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit