Things that Annoy Me in Grocery Stores - How About You ?

by flipper 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

There was an employee monitoring the self-serve check-out where I shop for groceries, who would always come over and interfere while I was scanning my items through. FFS, it's a SELF-serve check-out, and when I WANT her effing help, I will push the effing button to call her over to do her job!!! More than once, she came over while I was scanning and started scanning my one or two items with reduction stickers on them, interrupting my scanning and bagging. The last straw was when interrupted me while I was finishing my order - I had requested cash back and while waiting for the terminal to print the receipt, I started loading my bags in the cart. Didn't she come over and interrupt my train of thought, rudely reaching across me in front of my face, to grab the receipt of the terminal and rudely insisted that I had to sign for my cash back before I even had a chance to COUNT my money!!! I almost clocked her and said "I will NOT be signing for money that I haven't counted yet. Get away from me! I will bring you my receipt, like I'm supposed to, when I'm finished." She wouldn't hear of it - I had to sign that effing receipt before she would leave me the hell alone. She annoyed me so much that I ended up forgetting one of my bags of groceries, and had to go back to Customer Service and let them know about my missing items. I explained what had happened, and the managers pulled up the security tape to confirm my story. I was able to get my items back (she had sent them to be re-stocked after I had paid for them!!! WTF!) and I also complained about her behaviour in writing and got her ass fired.

Oh, and it's really annoying that stores are now charging 5ยข per bag, when you forget to bring the re-usable bags that they sold you. I have resorted to having a few of the "free" bags that are used for fruits and vegetables when I find myself in that predicament.

And another thing... the store's new manager is driving me INSANE by moving around the items in the deli section. The vegetarian stuff has been moved to the salad bar area. The cheese has been moved to another bin. The packaged sliced meat has moved 3 times in as many months. I realize that it's a marketing ploy to get you to go to other areas of the store and possibly pick up items you hadn't noticed on your previous "route". However, I am annoyed about having to spend extra time looking for stuff that I can no longer find, because it isn't on my "route" through the store anymore.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snakes, you just gotta write that book!

My oldest daughter worked at Wal-Mart - cashiering - for a while.

She told me some unbelievable stuff!

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, and did anybody mention body odor emanating from fellow shoppers?

I was at Wal-Mart recently, and a mother and her two daughters (all overweight) were there who smelled like a nest of daddy longlegs!

They lingered for a good while on the cookies/crackers aisle, and their baleful stench lingered even longer! Everybody avoided that aisle for some time.

How can people like that stand themselves???!!!

Sylvia

• beksbks
    beksbks

Leo, I figure at the least Costco is giving one more person a job. Even if they do make me stand there waiting to be highlighted.

You know who realllly sucks on that score? Fry's Electronics!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

My oldest daughter worked at Wal-Mart - cashiering - for a while.

She told me some unbelievable stuff!

Sylvia

Tell your daughter to stop by at Customerssuck.com and post her horror retail stories.

Yiz

• snowbird
    snowbird

I will do that, Yiz.

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I finally am back on the mac! Thought I'd never get here, hubby hogging the 'puter. These stories are great.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

beks....The rule about Frys is that it is easy to purchase something (with a zillion registers, there is not much in lines), but it's a pain in the butt to return anything. Whereas with Costco, it is a pain in the butt to stand in line to purchase anything, but easy as cake to return anything. At least that's been my experience.

I like the Sunnyvale Frys the best .... they have those massage chairs .... yeahhhhhhh.... :)

• dinah
    dinah
    smelled like a nest of daddy longlegs!

Haa haaa! Never heard that one before!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh my gosh! That was my store Leo! Was that you sitting there?? Honey Bunny is a tech geek. We were in that place at least once a week. Some girls get diamonds and pearls, I get gadgets and memory and networks and printers..............

My son even worked there for a while. There is a class action lawsuit against them right now. He worked 15+ hour shifts during the holidays. It was insane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit