Things that Annoy Me in Grocery Stores - How About You ?

by flipper 89 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I do a lot of the grocery shopping for my wife and myself as we live out in the mountains and I stop on the way home from working early morning hours. There are some things that just drive me bat-$hit crazy sometimes . I'll name a few- you carry it from there ! Thanks !

1. The chance that someone will be making a career of inspecting the pre-made chef salads and blocking your way to get ANY salad is probable based on them parking their grocery cart in front of ALL the salads. Sigh. Finally after you say " Excuse me ! " They realize there ARE other shoppers.

2. The chance you will get in the slow line behind the little old lady who has cut out 40 coupons is also probable . After 15 minutes when the grocery clerk checks her out- ONLY THEN do other clerks open the quick check line. Sigh.

3. You try to push your cart just normally down ANY aisle and people are ONLY tuned into looking at their item on the shelf. It's obvious that the national security of our country depends on them purchasing this particular item - and if your way is blocked they are oblivious - or don't care.

So as always I welcome your input here. What weird experiences have you folks had at grocery stores ?? I'll tell you some more down the thread a ways ! Thanks, and Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Someone holding a couple items asks if they can go in front of you in line. You agree. Then they wave their family over who has a cart full of crap. The kids laugh and say "Hah, you thought we only had a couple items!"

Happened to my wife. If I was there, I would have said "Nice try...now get behind me, bitch."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The cashier who spends 15 minutes chatting with everyone she knows..In a small town everyone,knows everyone..Wait you get off work for cry`n out loud..Your probaly going to see the same person as your walking home!....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Warlock
    Warlock

If you ever see me in line at any store.............................GET IN THE NEXT LINE!

I ALWAYS GET BEHIND THE SLOWEST-POKE IN TOWN.

Warlock

• restrangled
    restrangled

Don't get me started...on the other hand .....

The old ladies with 2 items, and they hold up everyone complaining about prices, pull out their wallet and count out change.

The customers with screaming kids, grabbing at everything, including candy bars etc., while the mother totally ignores the behavior.

The people who stand and read magazines and then decide they will pay by check but don't bother until they are all tallied up.....and then request ciggs or something else.

The people who stand in an aisle and don't move...usually hugely fat, looking at something they shouldn't be eating blocking the entire space with their fat butt, and cart.

Move your hind end to the side and let people get by.....Damx it!!!!!!!

arg......

• Warlock
    Warlock

The people who write THE WHOLE CHECK after they get the total.

People who don't present their coupons until they get their receipt. I went to a store a while ago and the lady in front of me had the coupons in her hand, and when she got her receipt, she looked down and said "I forgot these coupons". The problem was, at this store they had to un-check her items, about 6 of them, put them thru again, scan the coupons, and then give her her receipt.

Warlock

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I don't let much annoy me at grocery stores... for the most part that's the one place I always seem to be in a very good mood, perhaps because I'm always reminded by how fortunate I am to be able to buy enough food for my family (it's not always been like that). But there was this one time that a woman walked up in front of us, and asked the man in line in front of us, "do you mind if I go ahead of you? I only have this" - she said, pointing to one thing in her hand. Now, I've let people go ahead of me before, but have you ever heard of someone asking you if they could go ahead of you? And she didn't ask it all nice and sweet, but more like it was some kind of entitlement. The man said ok... I just wish I could have been the man and said no and just stared at her. He only had like three things anyway!! Farking bitch!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

oops, dp

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I heard Warlock tries paying with Chuck E Cheese tokens....

• Warlock
    Warlock

I heard Warlock tries paying with Chuck E Cheese tokens....

Why not, since I own one.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit