Things that Annoy Me in Grocery Stores - How About You ?

by flipper 89 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

You are looking for a parking space in the grocery store parking lot, you see one and start turning into it, only to find someone has left their grocery cart right there. Really drives me nuts.

Hubert

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I have two, in particular: People who block the aisle, completely oblivious to the fact that people can't get past them. Also, people who can't grasp the self-checkout lanes. I always get behind someone who has to get help from an employee. Just scan the product and put it in the bag. It's not that difficult.

• NINfan05
    NINfan05

the people who use the express lane (20 items or less) when they have a HUGE cart full.

i always seem to pick the cashiers who are too young to scan alcohol. then i have to wait 20 min for someone else to scan it for them.

people on cell phones.

in the parking lot it pisses me off when people cant put their carts in the bins. common youve been walking around the store for 30-40 min how long does it take to walk the cart over?

• Gregor
    Gregor

We go to a warehouse type store where you bag your own stuff. We buy bulk almonds and put them in one of those flimsy plastic produce bags. Once when I was bagging the belt grabbed the bag of almonds and I said "Hey, stop! my nuts are caught in the conveyor belt!". True story. The checker lady got the giggles. My wife said she wasn't going shopping with me any more.

Getting behind old ladies who wait till the end and then dig out their check book and start writing a check then enter it in the register and put it ever so carefully back in their purse after they have folded the receipt, all done at snail speed.

• suchafool
    suchafool

What drives me crazy big time is, I am pushing my cart and here comes someone else toward me ( not head on but to the side toward me) and there is another person with them and they have to walk next to that person, they see me coming and do they move over nooooooooooo, they keep walking side by side so that I have to move so that I don't hit them. I have had people with just a few items in their carts check out and leave behind their cart for me to push out of they way.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Last time I went into Kroger, I was picking out cherries, and a guy came up and put 1 in his mouth. Then another, then another. I was thinking what he was going to do about the pits, and as I watched him, he spit the 3 pits onto the floor.

Also, there is a supermarket near our house, and I have seen people dig through the help-youself pastries without using tongs or napkins, just their bare hands, and have even seen adults lick the frosting off of their fingers, then reach back in and start digging through again. The worst was seeing an adult taking a bite of a donut, and then putting it back in the case. Not counting all the kids with their dirty hands digging through grabbing donuts and eating them without paying. Another thing about this large supermarket is that nobody speaks English, so if I need to know where something is or how much it is, I have to find out myself which is hard because all the signs are in Spanish too. I won't even mention the Mothers who change their baby's diapers in the aisles, and then leave the dirty diaper in the cart, not bothering to find a trash can! I wish I was kidding, but am not!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Okay, this one always gets me! The person who notices at the last moment that their can food has a dent in the side and asks the bagger go get them a new one only for him to get back and then they see the milk is leaking and so on and so on. * huge eye roll *

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Flipper, you don't sound so patient that early in the morning. Try shopping Monday or Tuesday in the mid afternoon. Less shoppers. Also, choose a store with spacious aisles and don't go when you are tired, hungry, under the weather and have little time to shop. People need to be able to meander at their own pace these days because it takes careful shopping to keep to a budget and/or to choose healthy foods.

My only concern anywhere there is traffic, be it cars or grocery carts is when two people who know each other, stop their cars/carts side by side to chat and take up the whole road or aisle and no one else can get past them.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wow, Ohio Cowboy, what kind of neighborhood do you live in? Sounds like White Trash Haven. Do you just stand there and watch people go through the donuts, or did this observation go over several trips? Ewww. Changing diapers in the aisles? Are you sure?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yep, no exaggeration. We have seen several examples of those kinds of things, and has happened several times we have been in there. Some of the things look so good too, but I won't buy any unless they are pre packaged by the workers. With the diaper changing lady, I couldn't believe my eyes, and I called Dave over to see it too, and she just threw the dirty diaper in the bottom of the cart. We were both pretty grossed out by it. I came very close to saying something, but didn't. When I see such stuff going on, I usually just grit my teeth. It seems especially nowadays with flues and such going around that people would be more apt to practice good manners in stores.

We go there because the produce is dirt cheap and is of good quality. We just make sure to wash it well when we get it home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit