Things that Annoy Me in Grocery Stores - How About You ?

by flipper 89 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mr. Flipper, I just can't picture you getting annoyed!

Very few things at grocery stores annoy me, we are reknown for our gracious civility here in Dixie, but I do get irked when the price on the shelf and the register don't jive.

Cheers and many happy returns to you.

Sylvia

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    but I do get irked when the price on the shelf and the register don't jive.

I'm with you on that one. It's happened to me on more than one occasion. And whenever I try to argue with the checkout person, because I know what I saw on the shelf, it's always me that looks like a jackass to the customers behind me.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

People that walk thru the store eating the food before they pay for it or intend to pay for it..

• snowbird
    snowbird

Uh huh, Keyser.

If it's only a negligible amount, I'll let it go - sometimes.

However, the other day, it was close to a $2 difference.

I couldn't let that go!

Sylvia

• TD
    TD

This might seem like an odd complaint coming from someone in the I.T. field, but the self checkout lanes really annoy me. They're always screwed up.

For example, a couple of weeks ago I go into the grocery store and buy a single kitchen implement. Since it's only one item, I go through the self check out.

Navigating the screens and scanning it is not the problem. (After all, I set up and troubleshoot industrial barcode readers fairly regularly.)

The problem comes when I pay for the item with one of those brand new, multi-color 20$ bills. (The only bill I had at the time) I get change as if I had only put 10$ in the machine and the receipt comes out mangled because the last person yanked it loose instead of tearing it against the tiny teeth.

Does the snotty sales assistent believe me? Of course not. The pattern recognition software could not possibly be having trouble with the new bills. I'm obviously a technically challenged 'tard who can't use a self-checkout

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

• When a 19 year old uppity brat tells me that I "need to learn how to read" because their fricken shelf pricing is off by a factor of 2.
    • Every time I buy 3 items, the 3rd one rings up overpriced by 10¢
    • Having to go back to the uppity brat to demand my 10¢.
    • Having uppity brat tell me "I don't know why you are making such a fuss over a dime."
    • The self-righteous indignation from the uppity brat when I point out that they are thieves stealing from everyone including children and old ladies.

I won't mention Grand Union's name, but I will never go there again.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well gee, I enjoy grocery shopping. I always have at least one nice chat with someone usually in the produce department.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Having uppity brat tell me "I don't know why you are making such a fuss over a dime."

"Just a dime" from each of the hundreds of people who wander through adds up to a lot. I think it's deliberate. You rarely if ever see such mistakes in the customer's favour.

W

• sacolton
    sacolton

Someone with 11+ items in the 10 Items or Less line.

Being stopped by a Nazi at the door to check my receipt.

Nazi: Actung! Receipt!

(shows receipt)

\\ 5 minutes later after digging into my grocery bag \\

Nazi: You may pass.

This society has a "whatever I can get away with" attitude.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I enjoy going to the grocery store...never have any problems. If something is priced wrong I wait patiently for the issue to be corrected. If the cashier doesn't know how to input my EBT card I'm am very willing to wait while she/he figures it out and eventually has to call someone over to help all the while the line is backed up 6 customers deep. No one's been snide or rude about it. I think it helps that I'm a 6ft tall, 250lb, black woman with a serene demeanor

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit