Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Ren, thank you for the response. It is much appreciated. I will be looking into them. As I have stated in the previous post, there is a difference between saying, "Ya know, I think X" and saying that it is "God's date." If any/all of the people claimed that it was God's date, I would have no problem declaring them false prophets. I looked at the link you provided, thank you for that link. I wish they had sourced their material. It would be interesting to see what was said in the original context.

Just wondering, have you read any of the books by Russell or Rutherford? I have, they are quite interesting.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm a Rebecca.

Saul though, that guy at the Deli down the street? Mean hot pastrami!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Reniaa writes: "Yizuman you say I follow men but no I follow Gods arrangement, Jehovah-Jesus-leaders in men-flock this is the arrangement in the greek scriptures the point is I expect leaders in men whichever christian faith I was in."

" Let God be true and every man a liar." Romans 3:4

Don't follow men Reniaa, absolutely none. I don't trust man for my salvation.

You can do all sorts of things you want to try and earn your salvation, but none of it will matter. Because bottom line is, if Jesus isn't your Lord and Savior and by your death, you will die in your sins. " I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that. I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins." John 8:24

You can go door to door all you want Reniaa, count your time and hope for the best. But works alone will not save you...

"And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace." Romans 11:6

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Eph 2:8-9

Like I said, you can attend all the meetings, go to field services, turn in your time card and pray for your soul every single day and hope that Jehovah finds favor in you and not as a weak JW. That's just fine. But the bible says otherwise.

Yiz

• TD
    TD

Ren asks:

Why isn't this scripture applicable? (Acts 5:38-39)

Because the words of Rabbi Gamaliel were spoken at the dawn of Christianity at a time when God would demonstrate for all to see whether He was behind the followers of Jesus or not. If you are actually one of Jehovah's Witnesses, then you have been taught that the miraculous gifts of the spirit exercised by the early Christians were in fact a large part of this proof.

You also would believe that the situation is entirely different today. You would believe we are living in the last days long after these gifts ceased and long after the apostasy. You would believe we live at a time when true worship has been overshadowed by false. You would believe that it is the duty of all true Christians to expose false religion for what it is.

Did C.T. Russell leave other religions alone? Isn't he the man who, 'Turned the hose on hell' in public debate? Did J.F. Rutherford leave other religions alone? Isn't he the man that had sound cars go up and down the streets of predominately Catholic neighborhoods early on Sunday mornings blasting out his often condemnatory sermons?

If you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses, then you know that doctrinally speaking, you are supposed to be a 'Saul.' You are not supposed to just sit back and let other religions alone. You are supposed to go door to door and call on people of other faiths. You are supposed to expose false teaching with the truth from the Bible.

I apologize if this is coming off as offensive. I don't mean it that way. It's just that the basic premise of this post is at odds with some of the most basic tenets of the Witness faith. You are asking that the Witnesses be extended a consideration that they don't extend to others.

• Priest73
  • shamus100
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"Spirit guidance doesn't preclude imperfection."

You said that Reniaa. One of your primary arguments in support of your cult is imperfection in others. Well, you can not use that argument any more, without being a hypocrite, so lets not hear you slagging off the Kikes, or any other faith, for their imperfections. Cheers Chris
  • dinah
    dinah

Love it, Padre! Love it!!

And for the record, Paul was much more uptight and who the hell saw him on that road to Dasmacus anyway? He was prolly just a power playa.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Renaia,

In line with what other posters have already mentioned, the idea isn't to simply destroy all faith but to enable people to break free from whats very likely a bogus hope. So the NT wasn't written specifically for the typical non anointed JW right? Only for the anointed. Jesus is not the typical rank and file's mediator. he's the mediator of the anointed. The Great Crowd can share in the benefits extended to them through the 144,000. Hmmm doesn't sound like its making people feel all that close to Jesus or God. They're a second class citizen that has to go through the anointed who conveniently are currently represented by the GB. How can you not see the potential for abuse here?

Take people like mindmelda. They have a personal experiential faith that puts them directly in commune with what they feel to be the divine. They don't need other men to be masters over their faith.

Simply setting dates that are wrong isn't "sinful." But using this as a tactic to keep people within your group and keep your cozy mode of living, is parasitic.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Maybe we should ask ourselves if we follow Jesus's example who threw out money changers out of the temple for just as He seen their greed and evil intentions so do many here see the same spirit in the leadership of Watch Tower.

BTW - this is WTS discussion site that is why most topics relate to it, doesn't mean that other religions are any better as all religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit