Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

bottom line here..this thread itself is not even relevant. Saul persectued the Christian cong- vehemently and sincerely. Paul preached with the same spirit the Gospel. The JW religion is not a Christian faith, nor do they preach the Gospel. So any comparison to Saul/Paul is like comparing apples and oranges.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And you have not answer my showing you the parallel between Hananiah's false prophecy in Jer 28 and the WT in their 1914 generation prophecy. Even if you want to say the sin was saying his prophecy in front of others the WT is far guiltier- they have publicized it globally. And his sin was naming a date/or time limit to what God said would happen and calling it the words of God- the WT has done exactly the same with 1914 generation...and 1914.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Actually, out of the two names I think that I would rather be called Saul. It has a far better ring to it.

I get the picture of a rough rugged type, like Russell Crow, where as Paul….. most of the Paul’s I have met are tossers (no offence to any posters that share that name….except if you actually are a tosser called Paul..)

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I don't understand why you guys waste your time and effort replaying to reniaa...

At best, he/she is a troll with a ridiculous agenda. At worst, he/she is a moron... Either way, best course of action is to ignore him/her and maybe he/she will fizzle away like a bad fart.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

repost

• whereami
    whereami

Reniaa you really can't even imagine how much help you give this forum. Please don't ever leave! Keep "fighting the good fight".

You make it so much easier for lurkers to see exactly what it means to be inside of a cult/high control system.

For the hundred if not thousands that come on here to get what there're not getting at the Hall, compassion, patience, a listening ear without feeling judged, looked at with suspicion, feeling not worthy, feeling that their not the only ones with these aching doubts, you in all your self rightous glory remind them of what they want to free themselves of. And for that we all thank you!!!

You do for us what we can't even get close to doing. You are living proof, in the flesh, example of what being in this Watchtower envoironment does to someones mind.

Sometimes I trully can't believe that I've been in this Orginization for over 30 years.

Listening to you hurts my heart dearly, only because it reminds me of what I once was. It really is painful for me to remember i was like this.

You wouldn't know what being a true Christian means even is Christ himself would come down and hung you on a cross/stake.

I only pray that God one day when you heart is ready, will help you see.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi isaac

you pick probs the nearest example you could find in the whole bible to the Jws to condemn them as false prophets ignoring the actual things false prophets are said to do in the greek scriptures in these times and twist it to fit Jws.

The end of days prophecies are Purely biblical and I have yet to see actual proof that date setting is a crime and if it is, it should be applied to every christian faith, since the majority of them have done it Including all the biggies and oldest. You then change the goal posts to say Jws are in some special way condemned for their dates something about using Gods name yet I know you do not consider Jehovah God's name.

I get that you consider the Jws completely beyond the pale isaac but I do not think this should be the main agenda. Preaching our faith and message to all people whatever their religion should be our motivation.

I am glad you would try and bring them to your faith and not completely wash your hands of them as others on here would

hi majestic

I too like saul as a name better hmm nobody picks it much for there kids these days :)

hi mastadon

Adhominen argument is just the resort of poor debators.

hi whereami

I am glad to be of help, I admit my posts have been today motivated by the horror that people might be motivated by this site to action against witness family and friends, a man talked of his sister having a lovely time at an assembly praising it to him happily and all he could think of was how to get info to destroy that happiness, it was not a thing to admire.

Reniaa

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi caliber sorry eager was probably the wrong word, If I remember correctly they were saying Jesus would return soon! it doesn't say if they said within their lifetime but the implication is they were preaching he was soon to return. but were reproved but not condemned as false prophets.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hi isaac

you pick probs the nearest example you could find in the whole bible to the Jws to condemn them as false prophets ignoring the actual things false prophets are said to do in the greek scriptures in these times and twist it to fit Jws

The end of days prophecies are Purely biblical and I have yet to see actual proof that date setting is a crime and if it is, it should be applied to every christian faith, since the majority of them have done it Including all the biggies and oldest. You then change the goal posts to say Jws are in some special way condemned for their dates something about using Gods name yet I know you do not consider Jehovah God's name.

My reply: Deut give the definition of a false prophet. The NT tells things they may also do, but are not requirements to being a false prophet. I proved to you point blank from the Bible that JWs are false prophets. You choose to fight it, unsuccessfully. You keep saying that date-setting is not a crime, and I have agreed...BUT calling it God's date or promise is. What others have done is irrelevant to an org proclaiming itself God's channel- they should stand out like shining jewels. I consider Jehovah the name of the Divine Being- I never said I didn't. And this is the very name that the WT has attached to their date-setting, making them false prophets- no way around it..

I get that you consider the Jws completely beyond the pale isaac but I do not think this should be the main agenda. Preaching our faith and message to all people whatever their religion should be our motivation.

My reply: Being a false prophet, and prreaching a different gospel disqulaifies the JW leadership from Christianity. The Bible is clear cut on that. Preaching our faith to others should be the main agenda. However, in order to reach JWs we also need to move their misplaced faith off the WT leadership.

I am glad you would try and bring them to your faith and not completely wash your hands of them as others on here would

hi majestic

I too like saul as a name better hmm nobody picks it much for there kids these days :)

My reply: I had a teacher named Saul once.

hi mastadon

Adhominen argument is just the resort of poor debators.

hi whereami

I am glad to be of help, I admit my posts have been today motivated by the horror that people might be motiavted by this site to action against witness family and friends, a man talked of his sister having a lovely time at an assembly praising it to him happily and all he could think of was how to get info to destroy that happiness, it was not a thing to admire.

Reniaa

My reply: My hope is that this site will hlep other to see that the WT leadership are simply cult leaders alienated from God.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    hi majestic

Yeah…. I noticed that as well. I wonder if it is because the bible vilifies that name: i.e. king Saul was a bastard to David and went against god….. and Paul when he was Saul was a bit of a git as well.??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit