Crazy JW chaperon Stories

by superman 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

iknowall558 has shared her lengthy account and I am so impressed with her maturityin the face of extreme redicule and dismissals. She stood her ground all the way to the end when she finally got married. I wish she was able to write even more of that. Other's posts from users were also insightful and of course humorous. This is really a good thread for me to read and in fact enjoyed it to the full. The undercover, your criticism is strongly justified and I am rooting for it.

Wonderful

Scott77

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

While dating my current wife I didn't hear a peep. I guess on the westside of Los Angeles people are able to have a normal life

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

thanks scott77 dont know about the 'maturity'.......lol I was just mad and upset all the time. We weren't able to enjoy any kind of courtship as prob most dating Jws would agree. We couldn't wait to get married just so we could do our own thing without people stressing about it, and without us stressing about it too. It makes you wonder though , that when parents are putting so much pressure on their kids when they're 'dating', and acting all hysterical in case they do something wrong , if it doesn't actually push some couples into getting married too young, too soon to the wrong person. It's best to leave well alone and either see it develop into something serious or watch it fizzle out. That way things will follow their natural course rather than kids/young adults going along with someone in defiance of their parents.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    He said..."you just have to do what Jehovah wants you to do."

Hang on... Hang on I'm getting a signal... Yes it's coming in quite clearly! Hold on... Yup, Jehovah just told me to kick your ass...

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Hang on... Hang on I'm getting a signal... Yes it's coming in quite clearly! Hold on... Yup, Jehovah just told me to kick your ass...

LMAO! Thanks I needed a good laugh today

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

LMAO! Thanks I needed a good laugh today

nj

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

My boyfriends mother was a jw. When I was interested in what they believed I was going to meetings. My boyfriend and I would hold hands during the meetings and people would look at us real strange. He wasn't baptized and either was I. we were pulled in the back room. haha. they wanted to know why we were holding hands. duh!! we like eachother and we were giong to get married in a few months. they gave us a whole speal on why we shouldn't hold hands and how we should think about baptizm first. it was so weird. we weren't doing anything wrong. a friend of mine is a jw, and I didn't know about chaperones. I was living at his parents house. they had an extra bedroom. I was raised with good morals without being a jw, and went and found a place with a friend. but before I did, my jw friend would always be there. I always wondered why. we had no alone time to talk because she was always there. she never said she was a chaperone. one day we went to her house, and her dads an elder, and gave us a talk on how our desires are strong at a young age and should never be alone together. one day, my bf at the time set up a big tent in the backyard. my jw friend was coming over with another friend and we were all going to sleep out in the tent. when she found out that my bf was going to sleep out there too she almost died!!! she made a big deal out of it and refused to stay and wanted to call her dad. well, he slept in the house just to make her happy. that was sooo embarrassing. we eventually did get married, and were told we held hands too much, and then I started noticing...how often do you see elders holding their wives hands? I never did. my husband and I were one of the few people who did in the cong. we were hounded on for months to get baptized after we were married and were even told that if we didn't get baptized before marriage, then we never would. the only person that got baptized after being married was himself. a little self righteous, don't ya think?. well, we did get baptized a year or so later but now we woke up to the org. and no longer associate. I remember before getting baptized, you know those questions you hvae to answer? well, an elder brought special informaiton for me from a watchtower. it was about STDs. how if I had them I need to keep distance from others in the cong. and sit all the way in the back. just becuase i wasn't raised a jw doesn't mean I had that disease. it was embarrassing, I wasn't comfortable talking about those things at the time i was only 18. My husband never got special information concering stds. I guess they decided that since he was raised a jw he never would have done anything. sick sick people.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

My boyfriends mother was a jw. When I was interested in what they believed I was going to meetings. My boyfriend and I would hold hands during the meetings and people would look at us real strange. He wasn't baptized and either was I. we were pulled in the back room. haha. they wanted to know why we were holding hands. duh!! we like eachother and we were giong to get married in a few months. they gave us a whole speal on why we shouldn't hold hands and how we should think about baptizm first. it was so weird. we weren't doing anything wrong. a friend of mine is a jw, and I didn't know about chaperones. I was living at his parents house. they had an extra bedroom. I was raised with good morals without being a jw, and went and found a place with a friend. but before I did, my jw friend would always be there. I always wondered why. we had no alone time to talk because she was always there. she never said she was a chaperone. one day we went to her house, and her dads an elder, and gave us a talk on how our desires are strong at a young age and should never be alone together. one day, my bf at the time set up a big tent in the backyard. my jw friend was coming over with another friend and we were all going to sleep out in the tent. when she found out that my bf was going to sleep out there too she almost died!!! she made a big deal out of it and refused to stay and wanted to call her dad. well, he slept in the house just to make her happy. that was sooo embarrassing. we eventually did get married, and were told we held hands too much, and then I started noticing...how often do you see elders holding their wives hands? I never did. my husband and I were one of the few people who did in the cong. we were hounded on for months to get baptized after we were married and were even told that if we didn't get baptized before marriage, then we never would. the only person that got baptized after being married was himself. a little self righteous, don't ya think?. well, we did get baptized a year or so later but now we woke up to the org. and no longer associate. I remember before getting baptized, you know those questions you hvae to answer? well, an elder brought special informaiton for me from a watchtower. it was about STDs. how if I had them I need to keep distance from others in the cong. and sit all the way in the back. just becuase i wasn't raised a jw doesn't mean I had that disease. it was embarrassing, I wasn't comfortable talking about those things at the time i was only 18. My husband never got special information concering stds. I guess they decided that since he was raised a jw he never would have done anything. sick sick people.

• sir82
    sir82
    worldly people would be stumbled because they didn't know we were brother and sister.

That's hysterical!

Hey, worldly people wouldn't know that a husband and wife traveling together were married. Maybe wives should always ride in the back seat! Can't have them worldly folks thinking the wrong thing!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I have a new roommate - a cute guy. OMG!!! How scandalous!

Previous roommate was also a guy.

Family seems uncomfortable with this. My active JW sister changes the subject when I mention the roommate.

I'm sure they are just writhing inside and wanting to scream HARLOT!!!

Truth is, there's nothing in appropriate going on. And even if there was, it really should not matter at all.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit