No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They print that no one should be forced to believe in something they do not. And that no one should be forced to choose between beliefs and family. Of course, they put this in the Showcase Washtowel or in the Asleep!.

I believe that, as a condition for continued recognition of their legal status, they should be held to that belief in their Kool-Aid editions as well. And, if they do not abide by it, they should be busted up for initiating the use of fraud to get people into their religion.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think that the first major difference between the public editions and the Kool-Aid Watchtower, was God's destruction at Armageddon of... "the wicked"(in the public edition); "anyone not dedicated and active Jehovah's Witnesses" (in the study Watchtower).

Now we have a second major difference. Shunning a family member who leaves the traditional faith is... "wrong"(in the public edition); "an act of faithfulness to Jehovah" (in the Kool-Aid edition).

Soon they will discourage the dubs from reading the public edition, as it might stumble them. And study editions, with their "deep spiritual truths", will be prohibited from handling by the "undedicated".

B the X

• boyzone
    boyzone

If what you say actually happens Billy then this Organization will steadily grow more dangerous. I don't just mean spiritually dangerous either, but physically dangerous, more cultlike. Jonestown and Waco come to mind.

No siree, not good. Not good at all.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Jesus ******* Christ!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Alligator mouth, Hummingbird ass....

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Liars!!!! Somewhat off topic but related, you might have noticed that they have Indians, or at least South Asians in the photographs. Those of you here who are familiar with WT's publishing tactics probably realize that this is targeted at that audience. Dubs in places like NYC use pictures like that to draw in foreigners. And most expatriate South Asians read English. I point this out because the WT is so good at targeting people who are too new to the West to know much about their reputation and cultish ways. More taking advantage of innocents.

Isaac

• steve2
    steve2

I don't just mean spiritually dangerous either, but physically dangerous, more cultlike. Jonestown and Waco come to mind.

Just a bit more perspective here: From what religious cults did the followers of Jones and Waco initially come? Mainstream religious groups from which they eventually deviated and formed cults. Why compare JWs to these extreme groups when there is no evidence that this is what is happening in the Watchtower?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Just a bit more perspective here: From what religious cults did the followers of Jones and Waco initially come? Mainstream religious groups from which they eventually deviated and formed cults. Why compare JWs to these extreme groups when there is no evidence that this is what is happening in the Watchtower?

Additionally, physically destructive cults tend to isolate people physically. This is an impossibility for the Watchtower. Yes they have high concentrations of members in their HQ facilities, but that's the limit. I suppose you could believe that there is some sort of danger within that context, but I wouldn't.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    It almost makes me wonder if someone had written that with a deliberate intention of irony.

The ideological position comes as no surprise whatsoever. It is the blatant presentation of it that is staggering. This is one of those WT articles that make one want to show up at the local KH at the WT study on that Sunday and make a comment.......even though one would probably be tackled and dragged outside immediately........it would almost be worth it.......

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Some good will come of this disgusting hypocritical statement. Grudging JW's who are presently reluctantly shunning family members will read this and pick up on the hypocrisy and feel revulsion....and may resume contact with their shunned family member and begin to fade.

It's this kind of blatant, in-your-face hypocrisy which tips fence-sitters over the edge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit