Sean Hannity Getting Waterboarded

by sammielee24 71 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

I think that the truth is something that no one wants to admit: of course the U.S. "tortures" and it's going to continue to do so. They just don't want it advertised. So long as we don't see it/hear about it, we're fine. I don't think you can look at any war in which the U.S. has been involved and think you won't find instances of torture. Do any of you honestly believe that this is a recent development?

The U. S. Military will find a way to do what they feel is necessary to protect this nation. Given that other nations wouldn't hesitate to torture our troops if they caught them, I think it might be a bit naive to think that the U.S. would be able to get information without a viable threat of torture. If the enemy knows we won't torture them, they're unlikely to tell us what we need to know.

Sounds cruel but I think it's realistic.

St. Ann

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If they would allow several of the detainees down in Gitmo to do it, I would pay $10 a second to watch Hannity.

However, if they did it on Rush Limbaugh, I would pay $100 per second.

I'm sure it would only take a few seconds since he would likely explode and go flying around the room as all the s*%# and hot air blow out.

Rub a Dub

• I quit!
    I quit!

Maybe it's all based on a misunderstanding of what waterboarding is. Could this be what Sean has in mind?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ann, if you are talking about individuals, you are right. My Lai is a good example of some individuals going berserk. But coming down from the top? No.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Beks, I think you are being too kind to the people at the top.

St. Ann

• beksbks
    beksbks

I just think it would come out. I mean it is against the Geneva Convention. That means other countries could pursue it. Just like Spain did in this case. Also, it's not good strategy.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Do any of you honestly believe that this is a recent development?

No I don't think it's recent - but it is illegal under the Geneva Convention rules that the USA agreed to. Does the US follow the law? If they don't what's the punishment for that? If it was Iraq that belonged to the Geneva Convention and they tortured and the US found out, do you think they wouldn't bring charges against them on an international level? Don't you think they'd parade the President of any country up on stage and bring him down if they could on that sort of charge and if it was of benefit to them?

For the sake of this topic however, I've given it a bit of a rethink. I'm willing to switch sides on this only if I can have Hannity/Limbaugh and Glen Beck each take a 3rd of the 183 hits that our prisoner took, and if I can watch it and if they all come up smiling afterward and wave and tell me they're fine. Hannity made the deal but Limbaugh and Beck get on my nerves and they like to poke fun at the fact some people don't like torture...so I'm just throwing them in for the sake of it all. sammieswife.

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Waterboarding IS torture, and the more the better, even if it saves just one American life.

... and Americans wonder why some people hate them

• Simon
    Simon

(sorry, that was me logged on as Angharad)

• Warlock
    Warlock
    .. and Americans wonder why some people hate them

But they come here and take our money...............like some Canadian singers, actors, and one famous Polish pianist.

Talk about hypocrites.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit