Sean Hannity Getting Waterboarded

by sammielee24 71 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Good idea or bad?

Hannity doesn't believe that waterboarding is torture. He believes it's a fair way to extract information and said he'd do it for charity to prove it's not so bad.

Keith Olberman called him out on it. Says he'll pay $1,000 per second that Hannity can take it. That's not too shabby....we're still waiting for Hannity to give a date...none so far. sammieswife.

NEW YORK — The debate over torture is getting personal for two of cable TV's prime-time hosts. After Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity made a seemingly impromptu offer last week to undergo waterboarding as a benefit for charity, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann leapt at it. He offered $1,000 to the families of U.S. troops for every second Hannity withstood the technique.

Olbermann repeated the offer on Monday's show and said in an interview Tuesday that he's heard no response. He said he'll continue to pursue it.

"I don't think he has the courage to even respond to this _ let alone do it," Olbermann said.

Fox News Channel representatives did not respond to requests for comment.

The two men are on opposite poles of a debate that has preoccupied the worlds of talk TV and radio. Hannity says waterboarding is a fair and necessary interrogation technique for suspected terrorists; Olbermann calls it torture, says it's ineffective and should not be done by Americans.

Charles Grodin was challenging Hannity on the issue on Fox last week, and asked whether he would consent to be waterboarded.

"Sure," Hannity said. "I'll do it for charity ... I'll do it for the troops' families."

It wasn't exactly clear how serious the conversation was, since Grodin joked, "Are you busy on Sunday?" and Hannity laughed.

"I'll let you do it," Hannity said.

"I wouldn't do it," Grodin said. "I'll hand you a towel when you come out of the shower."

Olbermann's offer was quick. Besides the $1,000 per second, Olbermann said he'd double it if Hannity acknowledges he feared for his life and admits that waterboarding is torture.

"The idea of putting somebody in a position they have volunteered for, for charity, to respond to their own unsupportable claims, is in many ways priceless," Olbermann said.

Olbermann, who hasn't missed any chance to criticize his ideological enemies at Fox, concedes TV competition plays a part in his offer. But he said it was sincere, because he believes Hannity has had a damaging role in the debate.

"If you expose people to reality, even with someone who is denying reality, that can have a powerful and important impact," he said.

• beksbks
    beksbks

There's more than Olbermann offering to satisfy this one. But again, the whole thing is meaningless if you are aware that the torturer is your friend, and is not going to kill you.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    "If you expose people to reality, even with someone who is denying reality, that can have a powerful and important impact," he said.

Does that mean that Olby will take it too?

Here is someone who actually had the balls to do it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/161449/1/Believe-me-its-torture-by-Christopher-Hitchens

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

again, the whole thing is meaningless if you are aware that the torturer is your friend, and is not going to kill you.

Burn you are the biggest hypocrite. So you slam Hitchen's for his god stance, but pull this out???? So is this guy reliable or not?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn you are the biggest hypocrite. So you slam Hitchen's for his god stance, but pull this out???? So is this guy reliable or not?

Again Beks, you are still a victim of dichotomous black/white thinking. In your hazy, confused fishbowl of a world, you either completely agree with someone, or completely disagree.

I may disagree with Hitchen's worldview regarding the existence of a God, and some of his political views, but I can still acknowledge his honesty and insights on this as well as other matters. I have a great admiration for the Hitch, and know individuals that know him personally.

BTS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They should waterboard him until he admits that he LOVES Obama and thinks he is the BEST President EVER.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Water boarding was done on many navy personnel in theflight program, also while in the army it was done to show others that it wasn't vry nice, but one thing to remember whomever is performing the waterboarding on you doesn'twant to kill you they want to extract information from you.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Again Beks, you are still a victim of dichotomous black/white thinking. In your hazy, confused fishbowl of a world, you either completely agree with someone, or completely disagree.

I find this incredibly humorous coming from you Burn. And though it sounds good, it's still just a distraction from your outrageous hypocrisy.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    They should waterboard him until he admits that he LOVES Obama and thinks he is the BEST President EVER.

Winston, sitting in a blissful dream, paid no attention as his glass was filled up. He was not running or cheering any longer. He was back in the Ministry of Love, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the public dock, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The longhoped-for bullet was entering his brain.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I find this incredibly humorous coming from you Burn. And though it sounds good, it's still just a distraction from your outrageous hypocrisy

Beks. Have a couple more drinks, STFU, and sleep it off. Seriously, your stupidity gets tiring.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit