Accidental Instantaneous Sex

by rebel8 102 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

The litter-ature over the years has teachings that imply Jehovah's Special People are all on the verge of having unplanned sex on a moment's notice, with anyone, at any time.

You must have a chaperone if you are to be alone with someone of the opposite sex, even briefly.

This applies to people of any ages. You could be a 99-year-old raisin whose flagpole hasn't risen since Rutherford was living in Beth Sarim, but you still shouldn't be alone with a pimply 16-year-old shy obese virgin who still plays with Barbie Dolls. She's a seductress! You may get inflamed with passion TM and suddenly have sex! (I mean who but sex addicts would have sex under all the conditions that require a chaperone?)

Even sitting next to each other at the kh can cause you to become an unwed teen mother!

It is high time for girls to understand the make-up of their bodies and its functions, especially with regard to sex. Then if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large and is causing sex disturbance and cravings within her, she will be able to act like a true lady of irreproachable morals at all times. She will avoid the violating of her virginity and the shame and conscience-stricken state due to this; and wisely she will direct her young life so as to end up in the position of a clean, happy wife and mother of legitimate children, journeying to the new world of righteousness, where there will be no sex problems amid a sex-crazy population.-- Watchtower 1961 December 15 pp. 767-768
  • dinah
    dinah

sex disturbance and cravings......hilarious

I'm not a true lady...but I am the mother of two legitimate children!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I like the bit a sentence or two before rebel8's quote starts.

IIRC it says sometning to the effect that (while in bovine phase) 'a girl can get pregnant with just one sex interview'.

To update that to modern technology, would that include phone, sms, or on-line chat interviews. And just who are the potent people who can script such an interview?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

'where there will be no sex problems amid a sex-crazy population'

Does this mean that amid the sex-crazy population to come in the new world, nobody will have a problem getting sex? Now that could be a selling point for the dubs.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I contend that the writer meant "masturbates" when he wrote "Then if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large and is causing sex disturbance and cravings within her....". He was basically saying "if women would just masturbate when they are horny, they would be able to resist going out and getting the real thing- thereby losing their virginity and being an unclean, unhappy, unwed mother of bastard children".

No other explanation makes sense. Yeah, it seems contradictory, but the WT has printed many contradictory things over the years.

(no extra charge for the pink highlighting)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Joe, They'll all be naked and perfect and perfectly naked in paradise too!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

This was one of the adjustments I had to make after I left the JWs. I was raised one, so I didn't know any better. I found myself in positions where I'd be alone with women, sometimes married women, and my first instinct was to think that she had some sort of sexual interest in me. Of course, I knew better than that, but that was my impulse based on my JW background. We were taught from an early age that there are sexual connations to a man and a woman being alone, so it's internalized as a sexual situation.

After being inactive for four years, I've come to see how ridiculous the Society's view on this is. For example, just this week I got to talking to my neighbors, a young married couple. I'm taking some postgrad college courses, and the guy told me to feel free to come over any time. His wife could fix me something to eat and help me study, he said. They work different shifts, so they're seldom at home together except for the very late hours of the night (he's a bartender).

My JW instinct was to think that he was implying I could sleep with his wife because he was inviting me to be alone with her, but I know this is nonsense. The younger generation does not have these hangups. If two people are going to have sex, they're going to find a way to do it. Normal people aren't so horny that they will immediately start having sex just because they're alone with someone of the opposite sex. Maybe sexually-derprived religious extremists, but not normal, healthy people.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I had an assembly part a few years after I was baptised.

We had rehearsal in another city about an hour away.

We, the elder giving the part, and I had to have a chaperone in the car with us!!

He was like 70, I was about 27. The thought of anything sexual with him never crossed my mind

and I felt quite offended that anyone would think I would.

They assured me this was standard procedure.

• chickpea
    chickpea

p00p!

i thought this was a
    "how to " page....

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

B:

Just as long as the sex isn't limited to interviews.

You know, I think this idea could sell. Is there a procedure for suggesting 'new light' to the GB? Like a 'suggestions box' in KHs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit