What Was The Very First Thing That Came Across Your Eyes That Lead You Down The Road To Doubt?

by Yizuman 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The very first thing I doubted before ever coming across apostate material was the fanciful interpretation of prophecies in the "Revelation Climax" book. The notion that the seven trumpet blasts had anything to do with a series of conventions that no one alive today would remember always seemed ridiculous. I continued to wait patiently on Jehovah to provide new light on this.

Discovering that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607BCE was the catalyst that led me to examine things further.

• iceguy
    iceguy

I was trying to get re-instated, they rejected my letter, even though they felt I was truly repentant and felt God had forgiven me. I then questioned who are these men that step in God's place, judge me and tell me I can't be in God's organization? I started to look into the history of the WTS and was shocked! 1914 and how Russell measured pyramids to confirm that date just made me realize what a damn fool I was my entire life! I then questioned everything they taught me and realized I can never be a JW again knowing what I know of the WTS now.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The historical bullshit revolving around 1975, was the starting point for me to question the viability of the WTS for what it really was.

A false and pretentious Publishing House of religious literature, devised and constructed to exploit people by using fear

inducing mental indoctrination and manipulation.

• boyzone
    boyzone

I remember I was busy trying to defend JW's on the BBC christian forum and did some quick research on the WT CD about the Governing Body and how they didn't claim to be infallible. I was actually correcting a brother who was busy arguing with other forum members that the GB were infallible because they were led by Holy Spirit.

What I found really bothered me. There it was in black and white print, the GB saying they weren't infallible and just imperfect men YET here I was having to follow everything they said and believe what I was told because they claimed they were guided by Holy Spirit?? The 2 positions seemed opposite to me and just didn't make sense.

This was in 2006. I DA'd 6 months later.

• garybuss
    garybuss

What Was The Very First Thing That Came Across Your Eyes That Lead You Down The Road To Doubt?

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

1975 and their denial later on that they ever made any predictions concerning that date. Didn't leave till many years later as I still believed in the 70 or 80 year generation thing. Then I noticed how they were always glorifying themselves.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

1975 and their denial later on that they ever made any predictions concerning that date. Didn't leave till many years later as I still believed in the 70 or 80 year generation thing. Then I noticed how they were always glorifying themselves.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Crisis of Conscience Ray Franz - all the stuff about 1975/1914 Chronology

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

2300 days fulfilled in 1932, oops 1938

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Good Topic. There were many things that got me thinking rather than

checking in my brain at the Kingdom Hall door. It was death by a

thousand paper cuts.

Toobad Toosad