Big Love - temple scene and Barb's excommunication

by undercover 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I can record it for you Else, it'll be run again this week.

• inkling
    inkling

Oh, I think you can also buy episodes of "big love" on iTunes

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm jealous of ex-Mormons right now. Their former church is getting exposed, not because of a scandal, but because of its crazy teachings/rituals.

Am I the only one who found the "Eve" thing to be one of the creepiest parts of the episode? They called Barb "Eve" in the temple.

Barb's comments at the end of the episode, about "being in a free fall" and needing the structure and fellowship of an organized religion----really got to me. That was so realistic.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Elsewhere, both scenes are up on YouTube already.

One is called "Big Love Temple" and the other, "Big Love - Barb is excommunicated."

~Sue

• Dagney
    Dagney

It's a great show!

That was realllyyy creepy, the temple business.

I agree, to a degree, compared to that, JW's are "cult light." But the pressure is/feels the same. They don't have the special underwear or bridal costumes, but the effect on the human spirit and psyche is as strong.

I am going to watch it again since I was a bit distracted yesterday.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Big Tex,

Maybe we can make it a weekend event. Drop by for Big Beers and Big Love!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This weekend might be hard, I've got to work and Nina's out of town, but let's see what we can work out. If Alzheimer's doesn't hit, I'll call you tonight.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> If Alzheimer's doesn't hit, I'll call you tonight.

As my mom likes to say: Old Timer's Disease

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey guys, there's a good chance your local public Library has it. Obviously not the current season, but.............

• beksbks
    beksbks

betterdaze,

all I can find are apologists. Can you provide a link?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit