Big Love - temple scene and Barb's excommunication

by undercover 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It has taken a while, but, at last, I have found a way to watch it.

I am well over my Giggybytes for the month and my ISP is strangling my pipeline, but it is coming in slowly.

I just have to have a little patience.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh come on guys, humbletroll is right. Those of us who have been through >=1 jw Judicial Committees should admit it.

jw JCs are not like the Mormon one depicted on Big Love.

They're much worse.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

We watch it every week... The Temple scene was very creepy...

Coffee

• minimus
    minimus

I only saw the excommunication last night. They looked like JW elders----only better!

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

I too am hooked on this show. There are striking similarities in the way the elders handle judicial matters and the fear poor Barb has about facing them. Wow! It just brought me back in a big way.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What, no dishing about yesterday's finale? I'll start then.

I AM PISSED! Well......it was accurate at least. Barb gets dfd and doesn't change her beliefs, grieves the loss of church, complains about not being affiliated w/anything. Roman brags about "taking authority" from God, making himself a prophet rather than waiting for God to do it. Then Bill does the same. Honestly. It's sickening. They were on the verge of opening their eyes, and instead they just ran right back to Mother Borg Reincarnated.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Interesting finale.

I think Nicki's behavior will change now that she has her daughter - thus bringing a new soul into the family. Is Alby dead? Bill creates a new splinter sect, but keeps the Principal idea alive. Roman is gone for good. He was truly a evil man. I wonder what will happen to Greene now?

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I am so sad the season is over. I'm still not sure what I think about the finale. I watched it twice now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit