Big Love - temple scene and Barb's excommunication

by undercover 57 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Here is the excommunication scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1dTb1z04QQ

YouTube removed the other one! I swear I watched it just this morning. In fact its thumbnail still comes up a Google video search. The link says:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Home Box Office, Inc..

Cult Ba$turds!

~Sue

• beksbks
    beksbks
    YouTube removed the other one!

That's what I was wondering.

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

Undercover said...

...and here I thought JWs were fucked up...

I represent that statement!!

As I mentioned in the other thread, there is no 15 minute allotment. Sometimes they will ask you to take the time you need, but to be respectful and make room for incoming patrons.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I watched the show last night. The secret handshake/white room heaven thing did not get to me near as much as the excommunication.

I was thinking the Catholic religion has alot of weird ritual/sacred things they do, so I was willing to let the handshake go, I likened it to going into a confessional, with a priest on the other side of a wall while you confess your sins.

The ex-communication. It made me sick, it made me angry. It brought back memories of my own judicial meetings (2) and it was not pleasant. The anxiety Barb went through beforehand, her mother and sister, and family.

What kept going on over and over in my mind is how sick I am of religion.

• purplesofa
  • awaken2004
    awaken2004

Next week is the season finale

That temple scence was so funny. It reminded me of the J-dubs at their assemblies saying things very similar to what Barb's mom said . . .

This is just a small taste of what heaven will be like. She said something like that.

Dubs at assemblies say much nonsense like that as well.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

What about Bill telling Niki he wants a divorce. That was suprprising but a great storyline. I wondered how she was going to worm her way back into the family.

Niki is so messed up "broken" as Bill said. With her past though it is hard not to feel some sympathy for her especially now that we are learning more about her past each week. It will be interesting if they continue the divorce storyline.

Overall I think it's been a great season.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Niki is so messed up "broken" as Bill said

Here's the rub -- is she "broken" irretrivably, as in trying her best but the traumas of her past cause her current mistakes, OR is she "broken" because she embraces what has happened to her, learned from the manipulation, control and abuse she suffered in her past and uses it in her current situation as a means to control because she feels so out of control inside?

Chris

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Do you all think Bill's fall has him paralyzed?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Do you all think Bill's fall has him paralyzed?

No.

I think he was looking up at the heavens, and the stars, and saw not only the Darknes Barb feared, but the perfect order of his god, as represented by the stars (there is a Mormon term for that but Alzheimers has stuck). Edited to add -- is it called "Celestial Kingdom"?

I think this was Bill having an ephiphany, not only empathizing with his first wife, but sympathizing with his second and realizing there is more to lose by divorcing Nicki than there is to gain. I think this is Bill feeling some deep emotions and connecting those emotions to his religious center which will translate him next week to act to save his family.

But, unless I miss my guess, the seeds of tragedy have already been sown. Someone close to Bill will die (my bet is Joey as it would be more tragic), causing him to experience pain at the moment of his acting out his epiphany.

Or it could all be some incredible coincidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit