SIT DOWN!.....i am going to the meeting next week for sex....

by oompa 72 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read all of your comments, Oompa, and some of the others. Sorry to hear that things are not working out so great. The only way I would go to the Kingdom Hall to have better sex with my own wife was if the better sex was there AT THE KINGDOM HALL.

This freakin' cult is really bumming me lately. Nothing has changed for me, the wife is dubby as ever.
    But I read Oompa and other threads about marriages on the rocks. I read threads about family shunning.
    All the while I read different problems, the dubs are treating us like we have the freaking problem.

Strength to you, Oompa. There are a few reasons that I would (maybe) stay in a marriage:
    For the little ones
    For the companionship in older years
    For the sex

Something has to be good. If it's for the money, well Michael Jordan finally realized he could do without it.
    He's having fun again. Not telling you what to do, just commenting.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

drew....she obviously did not pick the right husband

And thus this situation you are in is going to continue to go round and round.

It may just be time for some honsety.

I've read through some of your other threads and it all displays the general frustration that somebody stuck inside the Watchtower goes through. There are no good answers. I remember quite well the times I would try and push a response out of my wife to some fairly staight forward questions about the faith, all ending with her in tears, scared of what I had said. It's frustrating and down right absurd. You feel stuck and you just want to scream.

And in times like that, not only are your JW contacts being irrational, you are too. Looking back I can see so eaisly how obsessed I was about winning an argument, pushing people, and just trying to let those who I know and loved that were in the org that it was all just a bunch of crap! And when I would put out a good argument what would happen? I would get the most absurd reply known to man!

I once had a JW friend tell me he couldn't read Ray Franzs book because it was a very large book and he didn't like how it was more pages than the Bible (somehow implying that Ray thought he was better than God I guess?). Come on!

But there is a down side. Some people are just not ready. In my particuliar case my wife was a lot more ready than I ever realized (go back and read my older threads). During my exit, I also became obsessed with arguments and discussions I would have with my in-laws. I had photocopies, books, and tons more. Everything well documented. It was crazy.

But when my wife was ready, she came out. Now two years later it seems that her parents don't have much longer in as well. I know some of you on this board have been going at it for years, and it is discouraging. But I think there sometimes needs to be a balance. The best thing I ever did was make my wife an ali. We would talk about everything. When we came home from meetings I would get her to open up about what she didn't like, the things we thought were wrong, the out of touch magazine articles, the 'local needs' that always focused on what people 'wern't doing enough of'. I totally gave up trying to prove it wasn't the truth and for a peroid of about 8-10 months I simply went along with the JW lifestyle and united myself to my wife. Towards the end I got a bit frustrated, pushed her more than I should of, but it was towards the end. I was always causious and am thankful that I was.

There are arguments and confrontations that you can engage in that will only serve to frustrate you and make your hair turn grey. I think it's time for you to rethink how you engage your family. If you continue what you are doing you could send yourself to the nut house. Trying to "reason" with people who are outside any sort of common logic is a disaster waiting to happen. JWs are NOT logical, you can NOT reason with them. I think this is the biggest mistake so many of us make when it comes to our discussions and actions towards JWs. They are not logical creaturs, they are very illogical. Just because a Watchtower magazine TRYS TO SOUND LOGICAL does not mean that JWs actually are logical. They don't care about reason, they don't care about logic, they simply care about what everybody else on the planet does. Happiness, security, and self imporance.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I agree with Drew. What has worked for me with my family is not logic because their beliefs are driven by emotion: fear, guilt, shame, to name a few. What works with JW's is to set firm boundaries and stick to them. Refuse to engage with their silly rules or get caught up in their emotional dramas.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If it helps do it! It is a Witness wife's aphrodesiac! Lets see....two hour meeting divided by 3 hours .good sex.............hell yes that works out okay!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'd rather sleep with my right hand permanently than go back to a kingdom hall.

But that's just me.

I feel ya oompa.

Chris

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Farkel
    Farkel

I might assassinate someone, rob a bank, or even commit mass genocide to get laid, but go to a meeting to get laid? Never!

Farkel

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

How comfortable are the chairs? Comfortable enough to sleep? It might be worth it then.

• still_in74
    still_in74

dont do it.

She will start asking you why you dont want to go to the meeting tonight, then when you say because the WTS is a man-made cult that has nothing to do with God or Christianity she will be more difficult with you than before.

She will give you that look.... you know - the one where JW's look at you with disgust and shake their head with puckered lips & squinty eyes because they are so much more righteous than you. You know that look! Cmon Oompa I know you've seen that one before!

• observador

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit