SIT DOWN!.....i am going to the meeting next week for sex....

by oompa 72 Replies latest jw friends

• redredrose
    redredrose

My thoughts are paralleling undercover's. I understand you are going back to a few meetings to ease the situation a little, but I was wondering if your wife is willing to make a concession or two?

I just recently found myself agreeing to go to the memorial for a friend after swearing that I had gone to my last one last year! In turn she has overlooked the fact that I don't have anything else to do with the Truth. I'm sure alot of people might disagree, but its worth it to me to preserve our friendship.

• Dune
    Dune

Wow, the things we'll do for sex...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Why don't you just take her on a date and go parking at the KH and make out....

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Hi Oomph, I'm glad you cleared that up for us..I too had the idea it was her suggestion ..

As far as the rest goes, when you truly love someone and they obviously have a problem leaving the religion for one reason or another..I can see where you are coming from. At my age I have found out that pride is not all it is cracked up to be..happiness is what counts. If you think your marriage will be happier, go for it.

Like I said, I would have done it a lot sooner...I didn't really care any longer if they were right or wrong..look how many Catholics go to church and yet don't believe..lots of them. It is just a status thing for them. (But some of them do really believe just like the JW's )

I hope your idea works..it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

The bad part is that when you do go..I hope you don't resent your wife because you made the change and not her...
    I myself, I am glad I didn't have to go to the meetings with hubby but felt bad because it would have made him happier...when I went to hubby's memorial in the KH..I couldn't wait to get out of there and "Back" to normal...I had been out too long.

Best of luck in what ever you decide...

Snoozy...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

".i do hope that i can once in awhile point out the lies and flaws this cult is selling....not just to my wife but anyone that will listen for a sec and then actually have an independant thought.".........Thats exactly what I`m talking about!..You already admit you can`t shut up..Thats what gets people D/F or D/A.....Your Doomed!!..Guillotine 3..LOL!!..................Case Closed....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

May the spirit of hornyness enter Oompa wife's heart once again so dear Oompa can walk again with a lighter load and a smile upon his face.

........Amen

Hey Oompa have you ever considered that your wife's libido is low outside from and excluding religious reasons ?

This does happen with couples that have been married for awhile, maybe some outside counseling from a therapist may be of some help.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

For what it's worth oompa here is my 2 cents.

Anybody coming out of the Watchtower is going to go through some pretty dramatic episodes. You feel lied to, humiliated, scared, angry, and much more. Most people who leave can only think of one thing "GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!".

That was exactly how I felt.

Looking back I can see why I felt that way, it was a knee-jerk reaction that was well justified. However over time I have found the entire experience in not so dramatic terms. I began to realize that I could have engaged it on a smaller level, on my own terms and thus possibly avoiding some of the divisions and arguments with family (including my wifes DFing).

The main problem was that we gave ourselves over to them, we trusted them. You are past that phase. You'll never trust that organization, and thus its holds no real power over you. It does however, hold power over some of your family and so if you engage it to a certain degree what the hell. You know where you stand and it's all on your terms.

Remember this one thing. It's somewhat depressing thing but can also be relieving.

You will never have a major impact on the Watchtower movement as a whole. Sorry, but the chances that you "bring down the watchtower" are slim. That means all those arguments, divisions, ect that revolve around it only help to weaken family ties and make them strained. Of course if you convince family and friends it is wrong you have won, but if not you are stuck in a pretty crappy place. If you can find a way to put your disagreements aside and simply USE THE SYSTEM to benefit yourself and family in some way then I say do it.

Jehovah's Witnesses have to be the easiest people to manipulate. Tell them what they want to hear and they will do whatever you like. Sure it feels dirty, but it is no dirtier than the circumstance as a whole. Sometimes I realized that "principle" is relative when you are dealing with this kind of a group. So if you can make something work, i say go for it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Tell them what they want to hear

Certain personality types of incapable of this. I think I'm one of them.

I might have come to blows with someone, had I kept going to meetings once I knew it was a big lie.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Whereabouts in the kingdom Hall will you have it?

I needed that laugh. Thanks.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Certain personality types of incapable of this. I think I'm one of them.

I know I could never have done it right after I left. But now that a few years have passed, I think I could quite eaisly. Time really got to me ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit