In Germany, the Watchtower logo must be removed from all kingdom halls

by processor 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

Logo, signs, images. .hmm.

I will let you know if the blue beast is removed locally (Australia)

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Will dubs get this letter and give more cash? I don't know. But I think the point is, this Watchtower letter looked pretty official and I know how I'd feel if my stinking' neighbors were reading all the hate pouring out of my religion at them.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm guessing the corporate entities of the organization are trying to distance themselves from being legally responsible for what happens down at the congregation level. There's possibly some legal argument being made that if congregations worship in buildings with the Watchtower logo on them, how can it be said that they are not part of the Watchtower corporation and therefore legally responsible for the actions of congregation leaders or members.

I'm not sure why, if this is the case, they are ok with the blue JW dot Org logo being on the buildings. Perhaps it's because they view it as advertising for a website rather than an organization. It seems as if lately they may be trying to move away from the "Watchtower's" past legal issues and re-brand the whole thing.

• Listener
    Listener
    BibleExaminer - Will dubs get this letter and give more cash? I don't know. But I think the point is, this Watchtower letter looked pretty official and I know how I'd feel if my stinking' neighbors were reading all the hate pouring out of my religion at them.

I can just imagine the WTBTS getting their lawyers together to sue whoever is behind the letter. The irony is that probably the only basis they could do so would be because these activists are inciting hatred of JWs, yet it would be their own publications that were doing all the hate.

You are correct, though, there would be a number of JWs who would be ashamed to be known as a JW.
  • biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Listener: I can only imagine how I'd feel if all my neighbors got a vitriolic rant from Watchtower.

The way this one elder behaved, it seemed as though the big A had already come to his little neck of the woods. He was in a panic.

His reaction and the reaction on a circuit level, i.e. the assembly discussion right after, was palpable. I can still see the looks on the faces of the bros and sisss at the assembly hall. The sister sitting right next to me turned red. (Not exaggerated)

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Kirkby Kingdom Hall in Liverpool, UK has the Watchtower Logo build into the brickwork. Different coloured bricks make the logo.

#FAIL #FACEPALM #RUNNINGAHEADOFTHECARIOT

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So was the letter from the watchtower or not? And do you have a copy of it?

• cofty
    cofty
    Kirkby Kingdom Hall in Liverpool, UK

I can't read "Kirkby" without hearing it in a Scouse accent in my head.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi pale.emperor

Kirkby Kingdom Hall in Liverpool, UK has the Watchtower Logo build into the brickwork. Different coloured bricks make the logo.

#FAIL #FACEPALM #RUNNINGAHEADOFTHECARIOT

????

Strange, I can't see it.... do you have to squint your eyes, your wait for the rain....

https://goo.gl/maps/8mJSGs1j1H42

#TOOBUSYWITHGIRLFRIENDS

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Thats a litt e far-fetched, imo. There are innumerable ways to prove that a JW congregation is linked to the WTS other than physical signs.

Daniel-p ....

Yes, they could check the body of elders to see if any have JW.ORG tattooed on their scrotums.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit