Freezing rain!!

by crapola 73 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hope you don't lose power. that's all I worry about here.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey JD

The National Weather Service says freezing rain is likely to hit the northern part of the state hardest, leaving as much as an inch and a half of ice covering the region.

The Highway and Transportation Department said roads between Fayetteville and Mountain Home had icy patches by late Monday afternoon and advised drivers to stay off the roads, if possible. A spokesman said crews have been preparing bridges and overpasses with chloride before the storm and would treat icy roads with salt and sand once they turn slippery.

Meanwhile, Entergy Arkansas has organized its workforce to help with the probable power outages the storm could cause. A spokesman for Entergy said power lines are made to withstand the weight of half an inch of ice. They say that, beyond that amount, telephone poles and tree branches are likely to break, which could cause power outages.

Officials are warning residents to be prepared for up to three days without power.

Meteorologists said rain was expected in southern Arkansas, though ice was unlikely.

They say temperatures will range from the upper 20s to lower 30s through Thursday, with precipitation through Wednesday morning.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yes, last I heard they were calling for an inch of ice. If I do lose power here, I don't expect it to be off long. I'm right in the center of town. Although, I do have electric heat.

I'm more worried about my brother. He lives in a county with a total population of less than 10,000, and it's 8 miles of dirt road to town. He has two babies, and they have been without power for over a week there before.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The ice storm of 2000, We were without power twice, once almost a week. It really sucks.

We have a wood burning stove in the shop if it goes out here. We can heat stuff up and stay warm out there.

Course we have a generator too.

But like your brother, we have a baby here and just don't want things to be hard with her.

OK, I am going to try to sleep again.

Let us know tomorrow how things are your way, If you don't see me, the power went out!

purps

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I hope ya'll don't loose power!

We are getting the north edge of that crap!! I got off work a couple hours ago, and wasn't bad.....

just waiting to see what the rest of the night brings!!

I've been missing texas, alot, till I saw you are getting it too!! (ok, i still miss texas)

Everyone stay warm, and let us know all is well!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Ice storm warning remains in effect until 6 am cst Wednesday.
    An ice storm warning remains in effect until 6 am cst Wednesday for the following counties,
    In Arkansas, benton, carroll, Washington, madison, crawford, franklin, sebastian.
    In Oklahoma, pushmataha, choctaw, adair, mcintosh, sequoyah, pittsburg, haskell, latimer, le flore.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Schools are now announcing closings. The temps are dropping more. I've packed a bag to stay at a hotel near the office because it will be worse this evening and overnight.

oh happy me!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I made it home alive! I hear some didn't, though. Be careful out there.

• crapola
    crapola

As bad as it is here, it looks so much worse in Eastern Okla, Ark., and Missouri. Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

All the schools are closed here, but it does not seem bad where I am.

Last time the top of the pool froze and this time nothing. Looks like all we have is rain this am.

Still have power!!! and a day off with the grandkids!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit