Freezing rain!!

by crapola 73 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

We're not getting any of this yet in New England, but are expecting snow tonight and tomorrow. I'll take the snow any day, instead of the ice storm that you guys got in Arkansas and Oklahoma.

We've had ice storms here before, and I know the damage they can cause.....much more than a snow storm. I hope it's winding down for you people.

Hubert

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yay! They just announced our workplace will be closed on Wednesday! Woohoo! Sleeping in!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yeah, I'm sitting at the hospital I work at right now, 9:38pm, having just salted all the walkways to keep the local populace from falling on their asses and suing us. Sucks.

sooner

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

So far today we have freezing rain, sleet, snow,more freezing rain. Really am getting tired of it. But have been able to read a scary book entitled"Don't Scream". It has been a really good book so far. What kind of books do some of you out there enjoy on a cold winter day?

Dang'it craps, you've hijacked your own thread.

• crapola
    crapola

Hey, is that what I did? I just did'nt want the fun to stop. But no one will tell me what they like to read. I'd like some suggestions on something new to read.

And son, it's very nice that you can help keep people from falling on their bottoms!!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

We got 3 or 4 inches of sleet and 4 inches of snow. They canceled my college classes, no chemistry lab this week that sucks! I guess I'll go out and play in my Jeep. Stay safe and warm everyone!

• crapola
    crapola

Oh, I'm happy for you sacolton!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

And son, it's very nice that you can help keep people from falling on their bottoms!!

LOL Yep, anything to keep from bitchin at me.

Sleep tight. I'm headed home.

M.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Our retribution has started!

We have been getting ice the past few hours here in Dallas. Icicles are starting to form on trees and the house. It is exciting to see winter weather, but only when it doesn't cause damage or hurt to people. A few weeks ago, we had icicles all over everything, and when the sun came out, it looked like a magical wonderland! My S.O. called it a "Fairyland" and I told him "How fitting for you"-LOL I miss seeing the snow that we had when we lived in Ohio, but am glad that we no longer have to live with it on a continual basis. It is like a "Happy medium" here where we get just a taste of winter and is gone the next day.

They say we are only going to get about 1/4-1/2" of ice, so it shouldn't really cause any damage. I send positive vibes to those who are going to get a lot of ice, and hope that they stay safe, and don't get damage from this storm. May they be kept out of harm's way...

• crapola
    crapola

You're right cowboy, it can be beautiful when the sun comes out and it glitters in the light. Thankfully it usually does end within a day or 2.

But a few years ago we here in Okla had such a bad ice storm that the electricity was out for almost a week. Now that's no fun.

I think we'll be ok this time though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit