Silence of the Obama Cult.....................

by Warlock 91 Replies latest social current

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Like maybe manipulated intel to move us into a war? Inability to put a full sentence together? Highest number of vacation days of any president, ever?

Ok I can give you the last one. However Obama spent more time campaigning for his new job then doing the job the Illinois state people elected him to do. And while there? How many times did he vote "Present?"

And for the record, I'm not a Bush fan. (the ex-president, the beer, or the racing circuit.)

I am however a realist. Honest folk don't go into politics.

• Robdar
    Robdar

The Republicans had their chance and they failed miserably. Now it's time for the Dems to go to bat. I doubt if we'll see any improvement; however, we should at least hold our fire for a couple of months and give them a shot at it. I don't see how they can do any worse than has already been done by the Republicans.

Anybody read about Iceland's government collapsing? Scary.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090126/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_iceland_crisis

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

A Cult typically refers to a cohesive social group devoted to beliefs or practices that the surrounding population considers to be outside the mainstream. In common or popular usage, "cult" has a positive connotation for groups of art, music, writing, fiction, [ 1 ] and fashion devotees (see Cult following), but a negative connotation for new religious, extreme political, questionable therapeutic, and pyramidal business groups. [ 2 ] For this reason, most, if not all, non-fan groups that are called cults reject this label.

Can it really be called a cult?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I am however a realist. Honest folk don't go into politics.

The above is my dose of truth for today. May I add an amen?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Highest number of vacation days of any president, ever?

I heard on "Good Morning America" that if you put together all the days that Bush spent at his ranch during the eight years of his presidency it would add up the three years.

Dude

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yes Obama spent much of his senate term campaigning, but that also applies to the rest of the candidates. Which I actually think is something we should figure out how to prevent. The whole process sucks.

Honest folk don't go into politics.

I absolutely disagree with you. I think there are many people that go in to public service because they believe they can do some good. To what degree they stay that way is the question.

NOT a Bush fan??? I never would have known, have you told Will??

• beksbks
    beksbks

Right Josie, and the previous record was held by every right wingers wet dream, Reagan.

• loosie
    loosie

I think the republicans were very sad on that day and didn't feel like trading stocks at all. So the dow dropped.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Honest folk don't go into politics

Bush was a bad example of a guy who went into politics to follow in his father's footsteps

more for personal reasons rather than to make the States a better country to live in.

He unfortunately failed terribly on both in comparison to his father and the betterment of the country in general.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

The market has been swinging wildly from one day to the next for at least the last year. In the interest of intellectual honesty, Warlock, why did you fail to mention that the day AFTER the inauguration, the Dow gained back almost everything it had lost the day before?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit