Silence of the Obama Cult.....................

by Warlock 91 Replies latest social current

• watson
    watson

Nice touch Priest. You can learn from that Beks.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    The market has been swinging wildly from one day to the next for at least the last year. In the interest of intellectual honesty, Warlock, why did you fail to mention that the day AFTER the inauguration, the Dow gained back almost everything it had lost the day before?

I was speaking specifically about Inauguration Day, not the day before, nor the day after. Warlock

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Right. Which is intellectually dishonest and/or shows a complete lack of understanding of how the markets have been behaving for the past year and a half.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well Hemp! Intellectual honesty just doesn't fit into the agenda don't ya know.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Right. Which is intellectually dishonest and/or shows a complete lack of understanding of how the markets have been behaving for the past year and a half.

Actually, Inauguration Day gains and losses have been measured for about 110 years.

Insofar as having a complete lack of understanding of how the markets have been behaving for the last year and a half, tell me what YOU know.

Warlock

• Berean
    Berean
    The market has been swinging wildly from one day to the next for at least the last year. In the interest of intellectual honesty, Warlock, why did you fail to mention that the day AFTER the inauguration, the Dow gained back almost everything it had lost the day before?
    I was speaking specifically about Inauguration Day, not the day before, nor the day after.

Warlock

All righty then. Ill see your “one day drop when Obama was inaugurated” and see you two record drops while Republican presidents were in office.

October 19, 1987
    The amount the market declined from peak to bottom : 508.32 points, 22.6%, or $500 billion lost in one day. The largest one-day percentage drop in history.

President at the time Regan (Republican)

September29, 2008

Dow slumping nearly 778 points, in the biggest single-day point loss ever.

President at the time Bush (Republican)

Wow, what do you know? Must be connected to Republicans having a president in charge. In both I am specifically speaking about record drops in the market while Republicans have a president in charge.

I just wanted to point these facts out and lead people to believe there is some sinister link to Republican presidents and record drops in the market.

What do the two cases above really say about Republican presidents? Nothing really. The markets make large movements at times; that's just how it works. There is a lot more going on than who is president or who is being sworn in that day. It really doesn't matter who is in charge at the time.

• read good books
    read good books

In the first stimulus package they threw all the money to the Wall Street Bankers, instead of putting it back into the economy they took their no strings attached money and did the opposite of helping the taxpayers who are on the hook for the money, tightening credit and buying up smaller banks and buying gold with the money. The sucking sound is the money leaving the middle class U.S. taxpayer and going into the pockets of the Global Bankers. Obama was a cheerleader in the Senate for the first bailout, and he's doing it again as President turning up the steam for many and bigger bailouts bringing in bigger financial crisis. Obama is going down the same road as George Bush with his foot on the accelerator.

• read good books
    read good books

Barrack Obama in the first six to eight months of his Presidential campaign said the wars were bad we shouldn't be there. Now he's sending tens of thousands of soldiers out of Iraq and into Afganistan. When asked if the US can expect increasing causualties his VP Biden said I am afraid so. Obama promised within six months to get the troops out of Iraq and now he says within sixteen months were going to review Iraq policy, that's why all the Republican neo-cons and think tanks are saying we like Obama now. Obama is learning from Cheney.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have seen this myself. People are only willing to see what they want with Obama. No negative, only positive. Wake the F up!!!! This is reality, not some fairy tale. Are these people really so ignorant to think Bush was not trying to make things right. Like you self delusion yourself in to thinking he some how meant for this to happen, or that the factors to this moment started when he took office and were not the fault of Presidents before, going back much further? Obama is going to some how come up with something so amazing, that no one else could have thought of it before and tried it? If you think this, you are one screwed up mental patient. Here are the hard things to accept.

- The economy is screwed up because of greed from politicians, corporations, and simple person greed. No real foresight, just money on the mind. Same thinking with the environment, you screw it up and hopefully you do not live long enough to deal with the clean up. Only with the economy, it went quicker!!!

- Obama is one man, but Congress is many and this country has been corrupting itself with special interest ... MORE and MORE for decades. Interest that did not go away and disappear on Jan 20th. With the best of intentions, this man can not turn a ship this large and off course on his own and Congress (even his own party members) are starting to show signs of a man who may end up being more on his own then you might like to think.

- In the end, when things get worse ... scapegoats like Bush work wonders. In time though, Obama will become accountable for his lack of results and when that happens, and it will, just watch how quickly the whole "we never said that comments" will come out and be a regular part of the great excuse.

Personally, I have no faith in this country any more. Greed is the leader! We are a retail nation, who spends from our retail job to re-support retail and so on and so forth. We send jobs over seas, so that we can get it cheaper here. We do not know the meaning of responsibility and hard work anymore, as that is someone else's labor. We think the world owes us something, because we are Americans and always hope and expect someone will do the hard work for us. We are not responsible for anything, we do not think we are required to change for nothing and we simply belief the dream of America is not about simple Freedom, but about being owed it.

There is my vent

• Warlock
    Warlock

Hempy,

So tell me what you know about the markets.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit