Silence of the Obama Cult.....................

by Warlock 91 Replies latest social current

• Priest73
    Priest73
    I absolutely disagree with you. I think there are many people that go in to public service because they believe they can do some good. To what degree they stay that way is the question.

Let me rephrase. At the local level, I think there are good intentions. At the state and Federal level my statement holds true. Look at the company all of these guys keep? Republicans looking for sex in public bathrooms, Democrats selling state senate seats, candidates cavorting with urban terrorist (and yes I consider Chuck Norris an urban terrorist ). You don't get to that level with out sucking some political D*ck.

NOT a Bush fan??? I never would have known, have you told Will??

I like it groomed.

Sorry Will. I dig chicks.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Want evidence that government intervention can work? Loot at FDR's New Deal. No it did not lift our country out of the Great Depression, WW2 did that, but it did ease the suffering of millions. It gave people a hand up, not a hand out.

I have yet to hear one solid argument from Right Wingers that proves anything negative about Pres. Obama. If the best you can come up with is pretty pictures of unicorns and name calling, then your in a deeper hole than I thought.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Loot at FDR's New Deal. No it did not lift our country out of the Great Depression, WW2 did that, but it did ease the suffering of millions. It gave people a hand up, not a hand out

The only thing the New Deal was good for, was ending Prohibition. IMAO.

• watson
    watson
    I absolutely disagree with you. I think there are many people that go in to public service because they believe they can do some good. To what degree they stay that way is the question.

IE, Truman, Eisenhower, Carter and Reagan

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Want evidence that government intervention can work? Loot at FDR's New Deal.

LOL.

Loot is accurate.

WWII ended the depression. The New Deal stretched out the depression for a decade.

BTS

• Priest73
    Priest73
    IE, Truman, Eisenhower, Carter and Reagan

Truman- appointed some crappy Judges (cronyism)

Carter?- shit he lost the popular vote, and he was running again Nixon's pardoner

Reagan?- I'm not sure he even knew he was president (Kidding)

I'm just kidding Watson. I realize there will always be anomalies. Maybe Obama will be one.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    I heard on "Good Morning America" that if you put together all the days that Bush spent at his ranch during the eight years of his presidency it would add up the three years.

So? Can we all agree that he f*cked it up in 5 years then? And not eight?

• watson
    watson

I hear you Priest. I think some good men believe they can make a positive difference. It may not end up that way, but the intent is there. I think Obama is one of those men.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    WWII ended the depression. The New Deal stretched out the depression for a decade.

Yea, you go ahead on with your right wing revisionist history Burn.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Yea, you go ahead on with your right wing revisionist history Burn.

Beks he's right. Europe ended the "depression" in three years. It took the US 10 (and we called it the Great Depression)... cause uncle sam got involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit