Extreme Home Makeover Fresno--JWs don't help their own

by LDH 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Good people doing things for someone in need. Who cares what she 'is', she obviously needs some help.

I'd hate to turn into one of those bitter twisted apostate types who sees every JW as evil and a target of criticism or undeserving of even civil treatment for no reason other than their religion.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'd hate to turn into one of those bitter twisted apostate types who sees every JW as evil and a target of criticism or undeserving of even civil treatment for no reason other than their religion.

That sounds rather passive aggressive, don't you think?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I don't have any bad thoughts about the "sister." I have bad thoughts about the JWS in her cong who didn't help her before this. Why didn't they quick-build her a house? Sort of like Habitat for Humanity? I just read an article today about a GASP--worldly woman who bought a foreclosed home at auction and turned around and gave it back to the former owner. Must have been Satan directing her actions.

• Simon
    Simon
    That sounds rather passive aggressive, don't you think?

No, I don't. I do think though.

How do people know that people in the local KH didn't help? Maybe they did what they could? Not everyone can just have a house built.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's very hard to hate the world when you can see good things done by "worldy" people to each other,

especially hard to hate the world when they do something nice to you as a JW.

I would think to myself, how can those people be destroyed at Armegeddon?

I hope this touches a JW in some way to see the goodness in people outside of the religion

and softens their hearts to outsiders.

purps

• shamus100
    shamus100

That show is bullshit anyways. They find some ghetto-dump falling apart piece of crap, and turn it into a mansion - so over the top, it's ridiculous. (yes, I'm jealous)

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wait untill this woman has to pay taxes on the free home she got!

• LDH
    LDH

Simon I think you are missing the point. I could care less about the people making remarks about her personal appearance. Those remarks strike me as juvenile, but maybe I just don't get it.

What is the point? I can't speak for the way Jduds in other countries act-- but in this country, the JWs do NOT extend help to their needy. I am not talking about some people in the congregation, Simon, who help their fellow man with their resources. I am talking about an ORGANIZED charitable giving program. The JW simply have NO SUCH PROGRAM to take care of their fellow men!

Catholic Church has Catholic Charities. You don't have to be Catholic to apply for help.

Salvation Army church has many charitable programs. You don't have to ge to their church to get their help either!

But the JW, who claim to carry the HALLMARK of Christian "love" don't have one formal program of giving to the less fortunate. The JW less fortunate turn to and request help from the very people whom they condemn in their magazines and at their Kingdom Halls.

THAT'S how I know the JWs didn't lift a hand to help her or anyone else.

Someone tell me I'm wrong. I'll be waiting.

• Simon
    Simon

LDH

You are dead wrong and you are coming up with things that are completely irrelevant.

You are judging this woman as though she is the WTS. She is no more 'the WTS' than any single Catholic is 'the Catholic Church'.

Why would you begrudge someone who needs help the help that someone is willing to provide? So what if they are somehow associates with an organisation that doesn't offer that same help to others. She is NOT that organisation!

And you do NOT know that "the JWs didn't lift a hand to help her or anyone else". Do you mean the local JWs or the WTS? Are you judging the action or inaction of local people that you know absolutely nothing about with that of some registered organisation thousands of miles away? How do they equate?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The woman, Mary Riojas, a mother of 4, who was born with no legs, one complete arm, and a right arm that ends at the elbow with stunted fingers, was chosen. We're real excited for Mary, she's real deserving," said a friend, Melanie Pool, who attends the same church as the Riojas Family, the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witness congregation on North First Street." Would the WBT$ do someting like this for Mary Riojas?.....Not a Chance!..................She`s a Jehovah`s Witness..So What?.....................................Handicapped and a Jehovah`s Witness?..Thats not exactly a head start in life.....................It`s time to be happy,for someone who could use the help!.........................

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit