Horrible conduct by congregation Elders at my cousin's funeral.............

by RULES & REGULATIONS 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

I'AM SHOUTING ; THATS BULL SHIT MAN!!! I WOULD HAVE SAT RIGHT UP FRONT!

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Coincidence stated:

good lord ... how the hell did we join this shit of a religion :(

Exactly what I was thinking. Before being baptized, I had a strong revulsion to the shunning policy, but got dunked anyway thinking that eventually I would see the benefit of this crazy behavior.... SAD

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I have seen this exact same treatment at our hall. A DF'd daughter's mother had died and was not spoken to, nor was invited to the meal afterwards. Her other 5 siblings just shrugged their shoulders and said that she knew what was going to happen if she came. (She even made the trip from Florida to Wisconsin, just to be shunned!!) I was on my way out then, but that event did alot to wake me up and get the strength to leave. I did not want to be associated with these people.

• minimus
    minimus

F them all.

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

talk about "encouraging the lost sheep to come back to the flock"!!

My condolences and love,
    Ruth

• steve2
    steve2

As despicable as their behaviour is, it has produced one excellent outcome: It has convinced the grieving son that he will not be returning to this notoriously loveless religion. Well done elders!

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Oh they the elders are appointed by gods holly spirit, psych!

• Balsam
    Balsam

You need to print up these pages for him and mail it him, so he can see that there are many out there that totally support him. The behavior toward disf'ed is just shameful and Elders are looked to for direction and those guys were real pricks. I would have been tempted to kill all of the JW out of the house.

Ruth

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Good point Ruth, these pages prove that apostates have much more agape than the effing JWs do...

If I have to attend a funeral of a JW relative, I will not let them shun me. If they don't want to mix with me, that's their loss. But they are not going to kick me out of my own family's funeral when I am the one grieving. The good thing is that my mother has already put in writing that she does not want me to be excluded in any way from her funeral.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

My condolences, R & R.

Elders? Nay! Those men are Pharisees!

Romans 1:28-32

• And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

• Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

• Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

• Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

• Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit