Horrible conduct by congregation Elders at my cousin's funeral.............

by RULES & REGULATIONS 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beksbks
    beksbks
    There is no excuse for it - it's barbaric behavior

You said it Flipper. This kind of crap makes me so angry. That kid needed some comforting. Where is their humanity?????

When my Grandmother died, my mother's brother and sisters told her she was not welcome at the memorial. She let them do that to her, and she still feels a hurt that she was not there, because of her mother.

If we needed any further proof that this is a mind controlling cult, it's situations like this that give it to us.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Even while I was a "believer" I decided I would blow my own head off if I was unlucky enough to survive armageddon. There's no way a world filled with jehovahs witnesses could ever be called a "paradise". They are among the vilest people who ever existed. I blame the organization only in part. Any decent human being should know better than to behave that way, so I'd hold them accountable as individuals as well.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I wont be going to my parents funerals... I will NEVER set foot in a kingdom hell again without a gas can in one hand and a torch in the other!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

R&R...

I am very sorry for your loss...cancer is always bad.. worse when it happens so fast.... and so young I didnt catch if you said how old the DF child was, but I can tell you that the elders had no right to impose any of those conditions on him. If anything good comes of it, it was to push that kid completely away from the cult. Still, at the time, how heartless...absolutely revolting behavior.

heartless.... I wonder ...how many of us did the same thing when we were good little dubbies? I know I kept up appearances in public (esp as an elder..since I didnt want to deal with fools) but tried to be kind behind the elder's backs to DF people when I was out of the sight of elders and their spies......so hypocritical on my part in retrospect...I was so much part of the cult. However, at a funeral, I did offer condolences to a DF person...I figured it was the kind thing to do...(and of course..it wasnt all altruism on my part... it was my hope then that such action would help them come back...blech..always some WT-crap in the back of my mind then)

The sad thing is that my JW mom would probably want a KH funeral talk (infomercial). She moved to an area that she did not grow up in or live until last year. Her friends in that area are very limited and almost exclusively dub.... my stepdad is not a JW and believes it is a cult. I am hoping that mom lives a long long time...but eventually I will have to deal with it.

Since my mom apparently has no spine, she wont insist her husband tell me where their will is (along with end of life/funeral arrangements info) or if there is even such a thing. I dont care if they leave me a dime... I just dont want to go through the hassle (the way we did when my dub dad died..he had no will...no instructions.... nothing paid for... and his nonJW family insisted on a casket showing... but at my moms expense.).. if I have it my way, there will be a non KH memorial service...no KH memorial talk...but anyone who knew her could come if they wanted... no WT infomercial... and a cremation and scattering of ashes somewhere meaningful. If mom doesnt make her wishes clear, thats what is going to happen.

However, if my mom makes it clear she wants a KH memorial WT infomercial, I will tell those f*ck*ng elders that they are to trim their funeral talk outline WT-sales pitch down to one or two scriptures of comfort....and nice things to say about my mom...no preaching, nothing about coming to meetings. If they wont do it (or if stepdad overrules and allows), then I will not go into a KH. I will be at the house for my stepdad and brothers (all nonJWs). I wont endure one more minute in a KH listening to that rubbish...I wouldnt be able to hold my tongue..and the last thing I would want to do is prove to those idiots that "apostates are crazy" or disrespect my mom. ***sigh**** breathe deep**** sigh***

I am glad I am out of that. Now we can comfort whomever the heck we want.

Snakes ()

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh F those elders and the horse the rode in on. I'm dealing right now with an inactive sister whose parents are not JW's and one just passed away. The JW's are already starting the regulation of stupid rules

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT is UNHUMAN CULT...GUIDED BY THE DEVIL, that is why they have NO LOVE

I know the feeling...They think that if treat us like that we would return to the arms of the WT...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats a great "witness" to any worldly people there.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Even more terrible is knowing that this is not an isolated event. It's happened so many times and in different parts of the world so there's no way that Borg apologists can make the defence that it's an isolated event, it isn't, it's part of WT behaviour.

• fokyc
    fokyc

So sorry for your loss and troubles. This behaviour is NOT scriptural.

But it seems just normal for elders these days, they are the same in my wife's congregation,

ARE they taught to be like this at elders schools etc.?

OR is it being bigheaded and important?

It is so widespread there must be a common denominator.

fokyc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Those cockroaches do not deserve him back, after forcing him to leave after the funeral. It was his mother, too--I hope crap like this helps ruin the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit