Horrible conduct by congregation Elders at my cousin's funeral.............

by RULES & REGULATIONS 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I feel totally nauseaus reading that. Their cruelty will come back to haunt them one day. Not only did the elders treat him badly but the siblings allowed it to happen and did nothing to stop it. I don't know which was worse. To think this is actually some kind of loving discipline and kindness

Please extend my condolences to your cousin.

Perhaps make time for the two of you to sit and have your own rememberance of her and to separate his sense of loss from his sense of outrage at such horrendous treatment by the elders and his siblings.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm glad this thread came up, since my JW mother is dying. I expected to attend the funeral at the KH and then have a Mass said for her later at my church. I'm glad to have the heads up about the treatment because they didn't act like this year's ago when I was still in.

That being said, I'll have to talk to my dad. Of the six kids, three of us are DF'd or DA'd and my mother's only brother and his wife are DF'd. Since the funeral is really for the living, I'll have to make sure my dad knows that we need to have her memorial service at the funeral home, not at the KH. Mom will be "conscious of nothing at all," right? So it won't make a difference to her. And all of her Dub friends can come to the funeral home. But I'm not having relatives come in from across the country to be mistreated by a bunch of illiterate cultists with double-digit IQs.

StAnn

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

WTWizard said, "I hope crap like this helps ruin the Washtowel Slaveholdery."

It will and it is. My grandmother, never a Witness, was shocked and horrified at how my siblings treated me when I left the WT. Now when JWs call at her door, she tells them more than they ever wanted to hear!

Others, too, who knew our family and saw what happened were more than a little appalled. JWs are taught that, by their good example, unbeleiving family members and friends may be encouraged to become JWs too. In my experience, it is just the opposite. People are horrified that anyone could be convinced to treat their own flesh and blood that way.

It is an anti-witness, and the more people hear about such experiences, the bigger a turn off it becomes.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hey Rules,

Nothing new in the land of wonder. I've witnesses a similar situation myself. I think I feel a little vomit coming up my throat

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

And Sorry for your loss.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My Mom is still a JW, and 86. She's doing well, but no one lives forever. I'm going to send this link to my siblings - none of whom are JWs. I just want them to know what it may be like for me when my mom passes. I'll certainly need their support to walk back into a Kingdom Hall, and this thread gives a lot of good examples of what can happan.

Thanks all for sharing these experiences.

S4

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Sounds like they fit the first and last part of verse 3, to a "T":

http://www.watchtower.org/bible/2ti/chapter_003.htm

"having no natural affection" and "without love of goodness"

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

what a horrific experience. Please you have my condolences.
    How appalling. I tell you this, when my mom passes away, if anyone elder so much as try to tell me what to do, I will literally tell him to f...off. in no uncertain terms. I am the first born, and I will not allow my youngest sisters husband who is an elder to tell me what to do either. He will wish he never knew me when I get finished with him as I have unfinished business with him from before.
    It is my hope that my mom has made arrangements to have the funeral in the home, because both my Aunt Mary and myself aren't witnesses. I guess I am being hopeful. They could have one later in the KH I know that several of the previous elders don't like me right now. Thats too bad because if they say two words to me I will say at the top of my lungs and say, Oh I heard you were deleted as an elders for unlawful business practises and your son who is also an elder beat up his grandma and embezzled money from another brother your such fine examples of what being an honest Christian is all about. No one had better push any of my buttons. I am ready for anything at any given time.
    Orangefatcat has discovered her ability to now stand up to the witnesses and no longer fear them or that bastard organization
    You know being on morphine for eight years really kept my sedate but hey no more, I am on a crusade to save people from the clutches of the WTS and the vermin they spread around.
    Look out world here I come...

Orangefatcat

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Thank you all for the comments and experiences.

ORANGEFATCAT:

I don't blame you for feeling that way. The Elders don't have a right to control a funeral. Some of them feel they need to control every minor detail. They need to respect everyone who walks in and leave all their authority at the Kingdom Hall.

My cousin( who came from out of town and is not a Witness) observed the behavior of the Elders. He was so upset by the behavior of the Elders that he refused to go to the luncheon. He came back to the home and told the husband of my cousin who passed way........" I saw how some people treated your son today. Leave the religion out of it. You needed to take care of your son a little better."

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What a sick,cruel cult.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit