Horrible conduct by congregation Elders at my cousin's funeral.............

by RULES & REGULATIONS 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My cousin passed away last week from cancer at the age of 49. The cancer spread so fast it took our family by surpise. We figured she had a couple of years instead of months. She left 4 children(3 were baptised and 1 was disfellowshipped a couple of years ago).

Dealing with the death of their mother was bad enough but the conduct of the congregation Elders made it worse. The disfellowshipped child had to:

* leave the house when his mother died because Witness relatives were coming over to the house to visit the family.

* had to stay on the side of the funeral room at the wake by himself while the rest of the family sat in the front chairs.

* Elders refused to greet him in the line. They walked right past him.

*He was told not to attend the luncheon after the funeral. He left alone and went home because some members would not attend the lunch if he was there.

I spoke to him by phone for 3 hours after the funeral and was told that he will never return to being a Witness the way he was treated. He felt that the actions of the Elders made everyone else treat him the same.

WTS......your days are numbered. With the internet, all your false beliefs,doctrines,and practices will be exposed. May everyone expose you for what you really are.....a real estate and book publishing corporation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    he will never return to being a Witness the way he was treated.

Well then, their despicable behaviour toward him did him a favor.
    He can see clearly enough to know "the truth" about them.

Sorry to hear about his loss and their actions. Good for him to
    make a realization out of it.

• gymbob
    gymbob

That's horrible, those people are sick.

One of these days my JW parents are going to pass on, and I'm not sure if I'll even attend the services. If I don't show up, they'll say what a bad son I am for not going to my own father's/mother's funeral, and if I do show up, I'll get the same treatment as your cousin...who wants to be treated like that?

I hate that cult for how they treat people..... Gymbob

• Quandry
    Quandry

leave the house when his mother died because Witness relatives were coming over to the house to visit the family.

* had to stay on the side of the funeral room at the wake by himself while the rest of the family sat in the front chairs.

* Elders refused to greet him in the line. They walked right past him.

Sadly, this conduct is nothing new. The thing that makes my blood boil is that it was HIS home....why would he have to leave it? He was family too....having to sit by himself was without conscience.....it was HIS MOTHER.

Please give this person a hug for me and tell him he has worth as a human and I am offended that he was treated in this fashion. This poor person may need counseling to deal with the emotional trauma of this assault.

I still believe in Jesus and feel that he would be saddened by this behavior. Jesus died for all sinners....and the ones that snubbed him at this time hit an all time low as sinners go.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I wish I could say I was surprised by this kind of behavior from them, but I'm not.

Shocked yes, repelled, for sure.

These words come to mind:

1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

• flipper
    flipper

RULES and REGULATIONS- I am so sorry your cousin's child was treated this way. There is no excuse for it - it's barbaric behavior , and basically enemy nations treat each other with more respect. If it had been me in the DFed state - I would have insisted on my rights staying at the house, and insist I be given the chance to grieve with my relatives over my mom's death . I would have called the elders bluff in front of them verbally chastising them for making a mockery of my mother's funeral and death. Comments come to my mind like, " Is THIS what my mother died for ? "

I'm glad your cousin's child is out of that crappy cult. It's great you talked on the phone for 3 hours with your cousin's child. I hope he feels your authentic love. Because he sure as hell isn't getting it from other witness family members. Keep in touch with this person

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

They are some cold hearted people alright. There was an "anointed" "sister" at our old congregation who died in the spring. When she was alive, she hated her DF 20 year old daughter. Her daughter was really nice, and a friend to our family. She came from a strange family, but was the only semi-normal one in the bunch. The only reason I went to her mother's funeral was because I knew she was going to be there, and that everyone would be shunning her. Although still "in", I made a point of going over and giving her a hug (and a mental middle finger to everyone who was shocked by my action). Can you imagine being so cold as to shun someone who's mother just died! She was not allowed to go back to her father's home after the funeral for refreshments. I didn't find that out until we were there. When I heard this, I decided I needed to leave before I ended up saying something "inappropriate".

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

bastards

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Whatever was the sin for this person to be DF is no doubt forgivable, the treatment of him however is not.

If there is not any more of a time in someones life when they lose a loved one, when their heart is raw and grieving, an impression could have been made in favor of the religion.

This child will never get back this time in his life, what a heartless bunch of people.

I think witnesses collectively do as a group things to other people they would never do as an individual.

Their hearts are hardened, they will be judged as they judge.

purps

• lawrence
    lawrence

cold hearted bastards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit