What non-issues did you get "counseled" about?

by rebel8 60 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Between them and my ex and counseling, it took me a while after leaving to realize I was really quite normal.

Isaac

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla- "quoting a scripture in a prayer" --- are you kidding? or was it the 'wrong' kind of scripture?

No I am not kidding - I quoted 1 Chron 29 vs 14

• confusa
    confusa

I was once counseled by two elders and taken to the back room because I did not keep the brothers/sisters up to date with my wedding plans. It was wrong of me to not include the brothers in my plans, since they want to be part of it. That same night I got counseled because a few of the bro/sis were concerned on how I was able to keep up with my hours if they did not see me often in field service. At the time I was attending a Community College full time, working part time, pioneering and planning a wedding. I got counseled for 45 minutes non-stop for wearing gaucho pants.

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

loosie, tubesskirts are pretty sexy, but ARE NOT immodest. prolly seen as too snug hmm? good thing it didn't have a matching tube top. ^^;

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I was about 16. I was hauled into the back room for wearing a black belt with brown shoes while doing a #2 bible reading. I laughed and walked out shaking my head.

• Rohag
    Rohag

This thread reminds me of what I just read in the October 2008 public Watchtower, p. 11:

Not content with the principles laid down by Jehovah's Law, legalistically minded rabbis set about establishing exactly - and somewhat arbitrarily - how far a person could walk on the Sabbath....

Has anyone ever been counseled for being "legalistic" or "arbitrary?"

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was counseled by elder father because I wanted to ride the Demon roller coaster at Six Flags Great America, I was not allowed to ride it because of the name.

I was counseled by elder father the way I danced

I was counseled by elder father for the way I studied for meetings

I was counseled by elder father for the way I talked to boys

I WAS ALWAYS COUNSELED ON HOW I SHOULD GET THE CRAP BEATEN OUT OF ME, AND THEN COUNCELED TO TELL MY PARENTS THAT "I LOVE THEM SO MUCH" AFTERWARDS. I WAS COUNSELED THAT IF I DID NOT COME OUT AND TELL THEM THAT I LOVED THEM AFTER THE BEATING, THEN I WOULD BE BEAT AGAIN.

All that counseling really made me love Jehovah. NOT, I was a good kid. To hell with that org.

Nikki

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Nowman, you have broken my heart.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Baby Yaga,

I do not mean to sound so bitter! I am 34 years old and feel healed. It is hard to come here and read these stories and then not say anything at all, so when I do post, it is because something really hit me hard.

It is difficult not to think about how hard my childhood was (as like all the rest of the ex-jws/current JW children) sometimes. Yet, these things did happen and we can't change them, but maybe if someone reading these experiences will think twice about staying a JW or joining.

My heart would break if I ever lost any of my children, I have three. Yet, it is with great happiness that I do not have raise them as JWs.

The other good news is that I had my own mind at 18 (when I left), good thing I did not go back when I had regrets at 1st...yikes!

Nikki

• jam
    jam

my ex and I was counseled for winning a large sum of money on a tv show in the 70,s...They told us it might stumble someone..Well i guess it did ,because I have seen many Jw over the years on these shows..They go in groups...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit