What non-issues did you get "counseled" about?

by rebel8 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

I was recently counseled and publicly reproved by Ozzie for making a bad taste post about Aspergers Syndrome. I have taken it to heart.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

I was "counseled" for not underlining my magazines.

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Back in 1994, when I was serving as an elder, the body of elders met with me to discuss among other things that my wife wore a denim skirt while translating the meetings into ASL for the deaf. This was seen as inappropriate. Mind you the "body" (only 3 other bros) had to meet by themselves first to discuss these "serious" matters. I should point out that at the time my wife was suffering from serious depression, suicidal thoughts and all. The elders were aware of this but obviously the denim skirt was far more important.

Skeptic1914

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Mine was for laughing loud. People might think I was drunk and out of control.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Mine was for laughing loud. People might think I was drunk and out of control.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was counselled for telling a brother that a sister in our congregation had Parkinson's disease but that she had not been able to shake it off.

20 minutes later he came back an counselled me for being in bad taste - it took him 20 minutes

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Rebel:

Counsel from COs ...

Me for wearing corduroy sport jacket in service.

Sister for wearing knee-length boots.

Sister for going hoseless.

To cover the legs or not to cover the legs...?

BTW, the COs (different times and locations) would not work in service with these sisters unless they made the needed changes.

For Pete's sake!

CoCo

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

For Questioning...

That's so funny because I had two daughters very close in age that I used to dress alike. My JW MIL had bought them some new dresses..they were sailor dresses!..They too had the little emblem on the big white collar...Can you believe..no one said a word. I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it.

Snoozy..who can't believe the brothers passed up an opportunity to "Counsel" someone...

• mustang
    mustang
    I'd confided in an elder that I was struggling to budget our very limited income.

You weren't read your rights, either: 'Everything you say WILL be used against you' (forget the 'can and WILL BE': they go straight to WILL BE)

I even rated a local needs talk (my finest hour)!

A success story; just made me think: I left before "Local Needs Talks".

I was once counseled for having a Stephen King book in my house.

I got a Shepherding Call (special trip, just for that reason) for subscribing to Analog: Science Fiction, Science Fact. Thinking back, I'm wondering who ratted me out...

I got another Shepherding Call for going to night school.

These days, that would cost lots of gasoline; a "green congo" would probably have a "Local Needs Talk" about consolidating your evildoing so that the Elders didn't have to make two trips!!!

slight difference between my garage band and a world-touring chart-topping iconic rock group.....

you too can still push pianos out of hotel windows, into the pool: you just need to pay for everything and yell 'Look out, below"; the difference is that your agent would pay the bills or you would have to pay them yourself

Rebel, all the stuff you mentioned was hyper 'over the top', but not unusual; screw the micromanaging, its a bit too much.

My father gave me hell over many things, mostly meetings, service and such: I was about to tell him that if he wanted to run my life, I would sit back and let him do it for me; and if he screwed up, his ass was grass. I just quit talking to him.

The last year or so that I showed up, I rode a motorcycle, cowboy boots, Army jacket and such to the KH. An aspiring MS threatened me on the sly: not counseled, THREATENED ME. I just smiled: I was moving on.

Mustang

• loosie
    loosie
    I was "counseled" for not underlining my magazines.

Marj you made me laugh. The only reason I underlined was because I didn't want the latest eligible hot brother to think I didn't study my WT. When I was engaged I prayed that he wouldn't be a stickler for studying the wt. It worked because now we are both out. He never made me underline anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit