What non-issues did you get "counseled" about?

by rebel8 60 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

I had lots of nit-picking done to me.......

Nail polish.... PO thought only women over 21 should wear colors other then faint pink and clear.

Red Shoes ..... Visiting Speaker (San Antonio) remarked they were a signal for men to proposition... the Sunday I was wearing a white dress (mid-calf length), with red belt, hairbow and red MARY JANES!

Moving out & going to college versus staying home and waiting until my parents/elders to arranged a suitable husband to care for me from our circuit.

At fifteen the PO asked my why I felt I thought it was ESSENTIAL to enroll in drivers-ed.

Told not to wear braided pigtails for my BS's turn at lawncare...... not 'demure' for JW tweens.

Desiring to watch DISNEY'S Cinderella.

Wanting to anwser at the BS more then twice a night..... (this was supposedly pridefulnes on my part)

• rebel8
    rebel8

I want lisa's mom's dress!

Oh, you guys have brought back so many memories. What about ankle bracelets being a signal of loose conduct?

• ninja
    ninja

doing a number two on the literature desk......it was only the once....and I gave the literature servant ample warning.....he he

• mavie
    mavie

My sideburns were 'worldly'. They were neatly trimmed down to the top of my earlobe.

I wore a non-white shirt to the meeting. Some overzealous publisher got his panties in a bunch.

I felt up the good looking sisters in the bathroom stalls. Wait, that one was in my dreams.

• yknot
    yknot
    What about ankle bracelets being a signal of loose conduct?

Me Me Me.... this summer

Several of us mom's were hauled in before heading off to FS one Saturday morning.......... our daughters all had matching OP coral-like white anklets.

Nazi Elder W said they were immodest, worldly, materialistic and unnecessary 'adornment' too...... asked what was next... matching ankle tattoos !!!

BTW the girls are between 6-13 years old...... and we chose the OP ones over Hannah Montana Heart ones to avoid the very lecture we all got... that and as all old-time JWs know .....the shape we call 'heart' is PAGAN!

So the girls removed them all disappointed and he put them in his briefcase (never got them back either)...... later after FS we rewarded the girls with the Hannah Montana Heart ones they had originally wanted.

....... Reminds me too, I am a bad mother too because I bought Taylor Swift sophmore album and I encourage to my daughter to pursue her love of writing little songs.......

So to Elder W.... YOU'RE a DUMBASS!

• loosie
    loosie
    Even penises without descended testicles are superior to vaginas.

That comment caused Coke to be spit onto my monitor.

I was counseled wearing too fancy of a dress for my #3 talk. ( it was a cotton sundress)

Counseld for driving with a man alone in his pickup truck. ( they thought I was going to do him in a pickup)

Counseld for wearing a below the knee tube skirt. ( funny thing is it was my boyfriend who counseled me on this. His dad was and elder and giving a visting speaker talk at my hall on Sunday. He begged not to wear the white tube skirt because his mom would be there. Guess what I wore on Sunday? Yep the white tube skirt. Not my fault his mom's 38 yr old butt didn't look like my 17 yr old butt.)

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I was counselled to spend less time taking care of my elderly parents and more time going from door to door. My parents had the "truth." I needed to talk to those who "had no hope."

Bonnie.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

a "brightish neck tie" - a little gaudy in color

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

quoting a scripture in a prayer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was counseled for tossing a buddy into the trunk of my car..And..Speeding him off to his Bachelors Party..I got shit for the Bachelor`s Party too..LOL!!.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit