• sf
    sf

Two words:

Teenagers SUCK! (I know. I have one)

Good luck!!

sKally

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    She is a teenager. You cannot reason with teenagers, they know everything about everything.

bingo. great reminder. my nephew basically said the same thing to me when i left. i know someday he will look back on his comment and realize how inexperienced that young man was when he said what he said. time and life teach us compassion.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Dear Teen, Your letter was so filled with anguish that I actually sought the help of others who have experienced the same kind of sadness and pain from circumstances surrounding the abandonment of the WB&TS, in order to respond to you. I hope it eases your mind to know that I remain a spiritual person, because now I am fulfilling my true purpose in serving God, and that is protecting innocent children from sexual molestation. The “truth” that I have always loved and appreciated is pure worship, and that does not include covering up for pedophiles. Unfortunately, the organization to which I was so devoted, was and remains active in such a foul practice. The court records on my website stand for themselves, and it is my fervent hope that they may help Jehovah's Witnesses as well as others who are contacted in the door to door work to be aware that pedophiles are not exposed as such in the congregation; therefore no other warning is provided to unsuspecting parents of young children. Giving up a belief system and friends and family is not easy, but integrity required me to do so. You are young and perhaps have never been faced with such a situation. For your sake, if or when it happens to you, I hope you know that there are many people to help you along the way. The Bible warns about “wolves in sheeps' clothing” and “falling away from the faith”, and in my heart , as a Christian and a mother, I know that such terms apply to an organization that tolerates the abhorrent crime and sin of child abuse. Please also be assured that Jehovah gives me more than I deserve every day; a faithful husband and loving family, fulfilling work and a network of wonderful friends throughout the whole world. Unfortunately, many of those friends have been tragically touched by child abuse within the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. If you someday count me as a friend, I do hope that the same tragedy that befell the victims of the WB&TS do not befall you or your future children.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Sorry, I don't know why I can't format my posts anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

Check here to use HTML formatting

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Check here to use HTML formatting Blondie, I do that, but it still doesn't work.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I would tell her...

You are right to be afraid...be very VERY afraid! And then go and burn every single piece of literature you ever got from the Watchtower Organization because you just dont KNOW which things I wrote, or touched or helped with now DO you? And I was very careful to place DEMONS in each and every one of them and those demons are now in your HOUSE!!

So burn them...and while they are burning run SEVEN TIMES around the fire and your home playing a trumpet and yelling Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah as you go!

No.....you dont want to end up like me. Free, happy, sleeping in on the weekends, WITHOUT fear. Yep...lifes a beetch.

• lrkr
    lrkr

What, now I'm going to give you advice on what to write?? No way- you are a hero to me.

But...

I do love this statement

I mean, you were such a spiritual person, even working in the Writing Department at Bethel!

I guess would say- you know- being a "spiritual person" or having spirituality is about so much more than where you work. "Spiritual" is understanding how you relate to the universe. You remember how Jesus said, "By your fruits you will recognize them." Well, I found some real rotten fruit. Things that were being done in secret were nothing like Christ. Keep your mind open. Think carefully about the meaning of things. Just because you were raised to believe something, doesn't mean you can't ask questions. Questions are the start of growth.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Perhaps you could ask your critic how people in christendom betray all that they knew their entire life when they become a witness. It's funny when the shoe is on the other foot how these types cannot reason. Ask this person how much critical study they've done about the witnesses and why they are afraid to. Tell her/him that witnesses spend hours at peoples houses answering questions such as these....but when these householders become witnesses they can no longer discuss issues such as this.

Gumby nailed it here. Keep up the good work.

Isaac Carmignani

• Farkel
    Farkel

Barb,

What was most interesting about your negative teenager was not that you had said anything untrue, but that you dared say anything negative at all. I would bet a cup of coffee that the writer is female and is obviously distraught and without any rebuttal. The best she can come up with are a few weak ad hominems.

It goes without saying that the girl should be pointed to the duplicity in her arguments using the standard WT themes of "Shouldn't You Examine Your Own Religion to See if it Is True?", and "Does Your Religion Meet Bible Standards?". You know, the stock WT stuff that we use to pass out to people of all other religions, CHALLENGING them to take a critical look at THEIR own religion to see if it meets the mustard, or not. We DARED people to scrutinize their own religions, and I'm sure our little girl friend has done the same thing. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and she's afraid to wear it, so she refuses to wear it.

Because of my many and extensive years of experience tactfully and gently turning JWs around when they are way off-base I deign to offer a reply that would be something like this:

"Listen you snot-nosed hypocritical little twit: don't be plucking slivvers out of other people's religions until you are willing to face up to the fact that your religion is full of trainloads of timber that need to be plucked. And for God's sake, QUIT WHINING! Your religion has no problem bashing all other religions for just about everything, and then someone comes along a points out seriously problems in your own religion and you cry FOWL!

"Now go home, take a deep breath and read Matthew chapter 23. Out loud. In doing so, substitute "Watchtower Corporation" for "Scribes and Pharisees" and think about it. Seriously."

"If after that, you cannot see the connection between the Pharisees and the Watchtower Society, then become a Special Pioneer! It's one of the few jobs left in modern society that is available that does not require a functioning brain to do the job." (Barb: Of course, if I sound like I'm beating around the bush to0 much here, I could ratchet up my rhetoric a few notches!)

Oh, nevermind, Barb! You are just too nice to do something like that!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit