Please read condemnatory email sent to me and help me reply

by AndersonsInfo 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Barbara,

As a former Bethelite and Gilead missionary, I get the same response from many JWs... the old, "How could you turn on the org that gave you so many privileges?" line. What I would ask this girl is:

"What am I saying that isn't true? I am not turning on the truth, I am merely sharing facts with those that wish to know about them. If I was in the writing department, have you considered the possibility that I saw something that indicated that perhaps God is not guiding this organization? What convinces you that this is God's organization and that no one has the right to question it?

By the way, you ask why I can't just leave the organization and be quiet. If you have read my site, you know that I was kicked out of the organization for questioning the sex-abuse policies of the organization. Do you think innocent children should be protected from sexual predators? Or should the sexual predators be the ones protected?

Finally, if you have studied civics at school, you know that many of the religious freedoms we have today are the product of Jehovah's Witnesses taking their claims of religious freedom and free speechj to the Supreme Court. You must keep in mind though, that the same freedom that JWs enjoy to disseminate their religion also gives person the right to criticize the Watchtower or any other religion. The Watchtower makes full use of the right to criticize and freely discusses the wrongs committed by the pope and other religious leaders. So why do tyou think that it is wrong for someone else to criticize the Watchtower? It is both a legal right and an ethical responsibility. If you criticize my right to criticize, you are also criticizing your own righjt to proseletize the Jehovah's Witness faith.

I wish you the best. I certainly don't hate you. May Jehovah bless you."

Just some thoughts... let me know if this helps...

Lance

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Barb your personal integrity shines bright and clear and you have done an excellent job of exposing the corruption

behind the Kingdom Hall doors

Some of those negative e-mails sent are what you should expect coming from a fully indoctrinated JW.

There is foremost protensity of thought in the minds of JWS that their religion is not alike or similar to the other religions of Christendom, remember they are taught from day 1

in their indoctrination that this faith is the only true faith, god's only spirit directed organization. etc. etc.

So when these behind the door shenanigans get revealed and exposed it a major slap in the face to a devoted JWS.

As a suggestion as a reply to these people, I would imply a sincere empathy for their shock and anguish on hearing about these unwholesome dealings regarding the

protection and welfare of children.

In the WTS. vain attempt to make the organization look clean and righteous in the eyes of the general public through their instilled policies ,

they inadvertently put children in a possible dangerous environment, very similar to what the other religions have done .

Thankfully to you and others, you've pushed the matter out to the media and into the minds of even the GB members so much so they published an Awake

magazine covering this very topic, so Kudos to you and the Silent-lambs people.

• minimus
    minimus

My response: Thank you so much for your thoughtful expressions. I see that you want to be a spiritual Christian and this certainly is a wonderful thing.

You are perplexed by the fact that I was so deeply involved in the Organization and yet I left. You are disturbed because you feel after learning about Jehovah and his purposes, it is so wrong to just up and leave. In all honesty, you probably would have said the same thing to the Apostle Paul. He too learned that what he was taught was not right. He made it his mission to spread the truth about what he knew to be truth. He was "compelled" to speak up even when others like the Apostle Peter was in fear of men.

Paul would not just leave those he had once taught alone either. He was directed by Jehovah's holy spirit to expose the hypocrisy and untruth that many, even in the Christian Congregation accepted because of their past theocratic heritage.

The Apostle Paul was a fine example of someone who wanted the truth to be made known. He acted like his Master, Christ. Both were persecuted and mocked for telling the truth, so when you speak ill of me, I don't take it personal. I know that I'm imitating them. Perhaps when you mature, you too will see that it is a Christian's duty to act as watchmen so as to save any who do not understand what God's Word teaches. Remember, we are not in fear of man that can kill the body but we are in fear of the One that can kill the soul. I am most concerned that I have my Creator's approval for I love Him.

Please take care and I hope that you consider the scriptural references that I have supplied. (And Barb, I'm sure you'd have that all in there).....That's my take. Hope it helps.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Now you spend your entire life to speaking out against Jehovah's Witnesses.

But you're not speaking out against Jehovah's Witnesses as individuals. You're speaking out against the wrongdoings of the watchtower society, and the pain it causes innocent people, most of whom are Jehovah's Witnesses. You're trying to help them because you care about them.

W

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that minimus had a wise JW'y kind of answer.

I think it is really important to remember that no matter what the age of the correspondent is, this person was curious enough to learn as much about your ideas as they did. A curious JW is one who is not completely snowed into oblivion. She/He knows something is wrong or they would never have found you. So, be encouraged, the ones that scream the loudest are often those that are the most desperate to make sense of the things that DO NOT make ANY SENSE. I remember reading that verse in Revelation and realizing that the org was not 'all' correct. After that I was desperate to find out more, and yet, VERY defensive of the religion still. That is probably where your correspondent is in her journey.

Be kind, keep her mind open and sleep easily. Anyone who is writing you is ahead of the JWs who are too afraid to even explore far enough to know that there IS a former JW named Barbara Anderson.

I was out years before you, but you have added a great deal to my knowledge bank and I appreciate the work you have done in trying to keep the org. honest. Luther would be proud:)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At least she read your biography, which is more than most dubs would, or should do. She is young . It is sad to see lives so deluded and imprisoned by a concept..Who knows what the future holds for her? Some of the apparent strongest ones I knew fell by the wayside when a young man came into their life

I am sure that you can reply better than I could suggest.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Dear Negative Teen,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate how much courage it must have taken to correspond with someone you've been told is an evildoer or worse.

You asked, "Why don't you apostates just leave the organization?" Please refer to your dictionary. An "apostate" IS someone who leaves an organization or a set of beliefs.

There are many apostates in the Jehovah's Witness religion--apostates from Catholicism, Buddhism, Judaism, Satanism, etc. Why do they choose to speak out about their former groups?

Your question grouped "us apostates" together. I couldn't possibly speak for anyone else. I can only tell you that I am not trying to disrupt or even contact anyone who doesn't wish to hear about the information I have. I have only tried to tell people who are interested in this information.

This should not be of any concern to you. The truth will withstand any amount of scrutiny. Jehovah is a God of Truth, not of lies.

As to your other questions, well, the answer is simple really. Jehovah inspired me to learn the truth about some corruption that was going on. Both the Bible and Watchtower publications explain our right and responsibility as Christians to be truthful and expose lies when they harm others.

I'm so glad I had the courage to do so, like Esther did. Some day, maybe you will have the courage too.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hi Barb. Nice talking with you the other night.

Ah, the indignation of a self-righteous, certain of herself teenager! I was there once, and could have written that letter, or something close to it. She writes like a true cult believer.

I agree with Snowbird and A@G's comments. A sincere reply spelling out what you've found out about the JWs that caused you to change your view might be in order. She's terribly inexperienced and naive, and it shows. But there must be something going on if she found your website, and then took the time to write to a well-known apostate, in JW-thought at least!

Also, my ex-wife and other JWs have hit me with the, "Why don't you leave JWs alone? Why are you so critical and feel the need to expose us?" line. I find that comment, coming from an organization most famous for knocking on the doors of strangers, telling them their religions are wrong, condemned by god and that only the JWs have the REAL TRUTH, as incredibly hypocritical.

As I recently wrote to a couple of Witnesses, I'll be glad to stop publicly questioning and criticizing the WTS, just as soon as the Witnesses stop going house to house uninvited, forcing their views on strangers, and just as soon as they stop claiming to be the only religion with the TRUTH.

Until then they have absolutely no basis to whine and ask ex-JWS to "leave us alone and stop picking on us!" If they're out there all the time dishing it out, they better be able to take it themselves.

S4

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hear, hear Seeker4!

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, as an apostate ... I'm in good company. Peace, Brothers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit