Please read condemnatory email sent to me and help me reply

by AndersonsInfo 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome back, Fark. Just a reminder, you wrongly assumed I was a female when I posted.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Dear Barbara Anderson:

I believe I met you once when I was serving at Bethel, I believe it was in the Towers dining room. Not sure. Anyway, I think that the post by JamieBowers is the best. Being extra kind is the best way to go. Any response by you that in any way can be viewed as "negative" or "harsh" will backfire. Being extra nice will help that young person. I remember when I first read your biography. It was frightening and strong, because remember we all thought that speaking against the Watchtower was speaking against Jehovah God himself. But you were not spiteful or sarcastic. You seemed like the same long-time Bethelites that I had known over the years. That helped me a lot to see that you are a sincere person without a personal ax to grind.

BF

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

:Just a reminder, you wrongly assumed I was a female when I posted.

You mean you're not? =:p

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

cat's outta da bag,

• StAnn
    StAnn

Minimus, given that you're male, that's an odd choice for a name, don't you think? Guess I'll start calling my DH Maximus!

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

And I agree, I really like JamieBowers comment. I think this girl should know that she is in danger.

StAnn

• minimus
    minimus

Well, Barb, whatcha gonna do?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

If I tell you that I am completely amazed at all the excellent responses to my request, believe me, because I am. (And they kept coming and coming and coming.) With all this input, I certainly should be able to come up with the perfect response to the teenager who hopes for my demise. Don't know if "our composite" reply will help the child reevaluate his/her opinions, but it seems to me that we all benefited from so many astute and discerning suggestions. I know I sure did. In fact, I will save each and every well thought-out reply and keep them all in my arsenal of ammunition for future use.

When I send off my reply, I'll post it for everyone to read.

Thank you so much. You're such a great community to be a part of.

Barbara

• mouthy
    mouthy

You're such a great community to be a part of.

Because YOUR such a GREAT gal to know ( You too Joe !!!! I know your a guy but a great one also ((((((((HUGS YOU BOTH!!!!

Mouthy.Grace

• DJK
    DJK
    Don't know if "our composite" reply will help the child reevaluate his/her opinions,

I don't know if we should be suggesting to someone else's child to reevaluate their opinions.

Ther may be areas where we could give advice and guidence to someone else's child, but I think religion should be left to the parent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit